(SOLVED) PVR wanted on UN50JU7100 in North America

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Tuttle84

(SOLVED) PVR wanted on UN50JU7100 in North America

Post by Tuttle84 »

Hi, my wife bought me a UN50JU7100. It automatically updated to firmware T-HKMAKUC-1422.0 when first connected to the Internet. Too bad I did not know to disable that then! Now my quest is to enable the PVR that stares me in the face every time I use it! I only watch over the air programs by antenna and Internet steaming, no Dish, Cable, or Direct TV in my house.

The remote does not have the buttons to perform the [MUTE] [1] [8] [2] service menu entry command. Is there a factory function remote (model number) with [MUTE] [1] [8] [2] buttons that will work with a JU7100? How does this TV know it is in the USA or Canada and to disable the PVR, is it by IP address, or service provider, or location time zone? I live near the coast in Northwest Oregon, USA (Pacific time zone). The user guide says Timeshift and PVR functions are not available in the USA and Canada, so if I bought the same model in Mexico or Central America and brought it home, would the PVR work for me? I have a friend that goes to Mexico quite often.

This 4K 240 motion rate TV has an amazing picture, but I will return it if the PVR cannot be enabled or maybe trade it for a floor model that has not seen Internet yet, if out-of-the-box firmware T-HKMAKUC-1403.0 will allow enabling the PVR.
Thank you all for your valuable time.

Added 1/2/2016

I bought the factory service remote control off eBay and it arrived today. Made only one change... [Option] - [Local Set] - Changed [USA] to [Mexico] or [Caribb] (both worked). Now I can record, timeshift and schedule a recording! Thank you phonk and Zamzung for your posts in "Activate PVR for UE48J5670" in the J Support page!
marcotv

Re: (SOLVED) PVR wanted on UN50JU7100 in North America

Post by marcotv »

Hi! This's my first post here! I saw your thread.
What do you mean for "factory service remote control off eBay" ? can you give me the specific ebay link so I can buy it too, please?
Thank you! I have the same problem :)
loudclapper

Post by loudclapper »

Tuttle84 wrote:Hi, my wife bought me a UN50JU7100. It automatically updated to firmware T-HKMAKUC-1422.0 when first connected to the Internet. Too bad I did not know to disable that then! Now my quest is to enable the PVR that stares me in the face every time I use it! I only watch over the air programs by antenna and Internet steaming, no Dish, Cable, or Direct TV in my house.

The remote does not have the buttons to perform the [MUTE] [1] [8] [2] service menu entry command. Is there a factory function remote (model number) with [MUTE] [1] [8] [2] buttons that will work with a JU7100? How does this TV know it is in the USA or Canada and to disable the PVR, is it by IP address, or service provider, or location time zone? I live near the coast in Northwest Oregon, USA (Pacific time zone). The user guide says Timeshift and PVR functions are not available in the USA and Canada, so if I bought the same model in Mexico or Central America and brought it home, would the PVR work for me? I have a friend that goes to Mexico quite often.

This 4K 240 motion rate TV has an amazing picture, but I will return it if the PVR cannot be enabled or maybe trade it for a floor model that has not seen Internet yet, if out-of-the-box firmware T-HKMAKUC-1403.0 will allow enabling the PVR.
Thank you all for your valuable time.

Added 1/2/2016

I bought the factory service remote control off eBay and it arrived today. Made only one change... [Option] - [Local Set] - Changed [USA] to [Mexico] or [Caribb] (both worked). Now I can record, timeshift and schedule a recording! Thank you phonk and Zamzung for your posts in "Activate PVR for UE48J5670" in the J Support page!
Tuttle84 did this work in the US? I live in Cincinnati and was always under the assumption that the PVR functions were simply disabled in the US. I am interested in a UN55J620DAFXZA from Sam's, but i don't know if this model has the PVR function or the twin tuners (if they even ship that way to the US).

Do you have any suggestions for me on PVR's? Thanks!
pbtech

Post by pbtech »

I wanted to let people know that this process just worked for me on a UN55KU6290 as well. Latest firmware as of Nov 30/2016 on a K series.

Return to “[J] Support”