Unreadable subtitles

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Sabonim

Unreadable subtitles

Post by Sabonim » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Hey everyone,

I just bought a Samsung U32J5600. I mainly want to use it to play films and series from an external HDD. The video files are either .avi or .mkv with .srt as subtitles. The subtitles are displayed, but are not very readable since they are in white without any black border. It is easy to change the size of the subtitles (via Tools -> Subtitles -> Size), but this doesn't improve readability. Is it possible to change the font to give the subtitles a black outline or something?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Unreadable subtitles

Post by sectroyer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:06 am

Know problem with Samsung TV's your ONLY option is to disable OTN Support ASAP and block updates on router :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Sabonim

Post by Sabonim » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:06 am

Thank you for the info! I will try to go through all the steps of the wiki, but I don't understand how this will change the situation? I have also already done a software update and the auto update is 'on'. My current software version is 1440.

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Sabonim wrote:I don't understand how this will change the situation?
Very simple thanks to that you will NOT:
Sabonim wrote: I have also already done a software update and the auto update is 'on'.
Your ONLY hope is to STOP updating. You need fix from SamyGO and this requires STOPPING UPDATING :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!

wedman

Post by wedman » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Sectroyer, he (Sabonim) said that he wants to know how to make subtitles readable, and you explained him how to block updates. Your reply hasn't nothing with the subtitle. :shock:

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:54 pm

Welcome to SamyGO :mrgreen:
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:21 pm

zoelechat wrote:Welcome to SamyGO :mrgreen:
Yeah he is new :) What the hell I will let them know I "have a heart" ;)
wedman wrote:Sectroyer, he (Sabonim) said that he wants to know how to make subtitles readable, and you explained him how to block updates. Your reply hasn't nothing with the subtitle. :shock:
If he (Sabonim) does NOT block updates ASAP he will have NO WAY of doing ANYTHING to "make subtitles readable" that's why I warned him about blocking :) It's just enough to check other posts or my signature. If you want my help disable OTN Support ASAP & block updates on router without it I waste my time :)

Return to “[J] Support”