Samsung UE55JS8000 DVB Overscan

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Fuso

Samsung UE55JS8000 DVB Overscan

Post by Fuso »

Hi! I've watch TV through DVB-S tuner with CA module and on SD channels the overscan is enormous, on HD channels there's no problem because I can use the Screen Fit option and the overscan is gone. I've read for the same problem with H6400 model and after downgrade to FW v. 2606 fixes the problem. Is there a solution like this for UE55JS8000?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samsung UE55JS8000 DVB Overscan

Post by zoelechat »

That stupid SD overscan exists since time immemorial on Samsung TVs, no firmware ever fixed it, only a patch does it on rootable TVs, so not J (yet...?)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Fuso

Post by Fuso »

For the H6400 I mean it fix the problem by reducing the overscan... more like when you use 16:9 mode with no Screen Fit on HDMI source for example.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I understand but I never heard of any fw related change there, it's at least 5 years Samsung systematically crops SD for some reason only them know. If anybody reported any improvement on that purpose, it was surely psychological or trolling, like all other improvements new fw are supposed to bring :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
deksar

Post by deksar »

Fuso wrote:Hi! I've watch TV through DVB-S tuner with CA module and on SD channels the overscan is enormous, on HD channels there's no problem because I can use the Screen Fit option and the overscan is gone. I've read for the same problem with H6400 model and after downgrade to FW v. 2606 fixes the problem. Is there a solution like this for UE55JS8000?

I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung UE40J6270 TV. There is a horrible overscan on SD channels, and the famous "Screen Fit" option is gray/passive for SD channels, "screen fit" option seems to be available only for HD channels. No "just scan" mode among P.SIZE choices neither.

I wonder, is there any solution for UE40J6270, at least by -if any- a fw downgrade or service mode adjustments? Or it has the same fate just like the model above does (UE55*)?
Thanks.

Return to “[J] Support”