Smart Remote

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Retribution

Smart Remote

Post by Retribution »

Hi there.

It's been 6 happy months with a JU6700 except for one constant annoyance.

I bought the original samsung smart remote that comes with it in some locations.

Upon receiving the remote, I entered service mode and enabled the "smart remote" capability.
After that it pairs and works fine - but it's only good for a few hours before that setting goes back to off and I have to do it over again.
This happens even during use, i.e., even if the tv is not turned off.

I'm looking for tips on more effective ways of saving the settings. I have tried it in many ways already...

Thanks.

PS: Since this model is not sold with the smart remote in my country, and after extensive reading, I reckon it might be a regional market setting embedded on the local set or panel type, since the tv is clearly able to work with the remote.

I've requested the panel type of the JU6700 sold in the US on the Hardware section of this forum but there has been no reply.
semoG

Re: Smart Remote

Post by semoG »

Dos you have the smart remote control setup menu on your TV ?
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

Yes, it's available after enabling it and exiting the service menu.
semoG

Post by semoG »

So after you enable it on the hidden menu, you have a menu called Universal remote setup ?

This menu helps you pair your remote with other devices, like STB cable box and things like that...

Can you paste a print of that menu ?
I don't understand then, why i don't have that menu after enabling the remote in hidden menu ...
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

No, there is no menu for setting up an universal remote - but the Samsung Smart Remote starts working as soon as I change the setting and exit service mode.

All I have to do is press the two buttons on the remote for the Bluetooth pairing.
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

A few hours later the setting gets undone and the pointer stops working, even though the other buttons curiously keep working.
Mind you, all buttons are sent via Bluetooth except the power button.
If by then I press the pairing buttons the screen shows "not available" and they all stop working except the power one.
semoG

Post by semoG »

Yes you're right.

The problem is, my smart control is working but if cannot enter the universal remote setup so i could pair the remote with my stb cable box (vodafone portugal) ..and that is a option i mess, that way i could acess TV guide in the cable box and use only one remote :)
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

I see...
semoG

Post by semoG »

my only hope is to find a good soul who can prove that changing the model in the hidden menu, will activate that option....safely ...
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

Curiously enough, my remote's pointer started working again on its own, perhaps as a result of an automatic firmware update.

Return to “[J] Support”