cant block updates on router level

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

oto

Re: cant block updates on router level

Post by oto »

Youtube app doesn't seem to work after blocking all these URLs. Not sure which was at cause.
Zamzung

Post by Zamzung »

youtube is working fine with zoelechats blocking list on my tv, maybe you've blocked whole "samsungcloudsolution"-containing urls - thats prevented also my red-buttom hbbtv function completely, this works only by blocking urls containg otnprd (*.samsungcloudsolution.net/.com) and otnstg (*.samsungcloudsolution.net/.com).
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Youtube also works fine here with zoelechat blocklist :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Tunak

Post by Tunak »

I was using this blocking setting for about one year with my first TV UE48JS9080 without any problems. FW update was blocked and internet services as youtube were working fine.

I bought a second TV UE40K6372 for my bedroom. TV was connected to the internet as my first TV and after 1 day FW was updated to T-HKMFKDEUC-1154.0 even when the automatic FW upgrade was set to OFF and OTA Support was set to OFF.

I found the new black list from zoelechat witch i was trying to add to my router. Here is the new setting:

But as mentioned in this thred earlier, with this new black list the TV can not recognize internet connection and the smart part of the TV is dead - no youtube, no apps ... I would like to prevent FW upgrade in the future and use some smart functions. Is there any working solution?
UE48JS9080QXZG FW: T-HKPDEUC-1452.0 UE40K6372SU FW: T-HKMFKDEUC-1154.0
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Try to unblock samsungcloudsolution.com at first.
As I told, list is given as reference and far from "ultimate". Might block stuff I don't use indeed, so you may have to adjust it fitting your needs, by trial and error :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Tunak

Post by Tunak »

OK, I will try to edit the list. Latest FW was already installed :-)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Tunak wrote:OK, I will try to edit the list. Latest FW was already installed :-)
You are blocking ONLY by keyword, I checked it myself it's NOT enough you need better fw on router or install something like tomato/dd-wrt/openwrt. Without it you are wasting your time...

EDIT, to be sure run:

Code: Select all

ping samsungotn.net
and:

ping www.samsungotn.net
and post results
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Tunak

Post by Tunak »

sectroyer wrote:You are blocking ONLY by keyword, I checked it myself it's NOT enough you need better fw on router or install something like tomato/dd-wrt/openwrt. Without it you are wasting your time...
No, I'm blocking by URL. It was working fine for the J Series /small list/. I added all URLs from zoelechats list and all internet services were banned from the K Series TV. So the blocking feature from the router was fine.

I have Asus RT-AC87U - no tomato FW, OpenWrt - no wireless support, dd-wrt - buggy.
Only asuswrt-merlin is working, but it is a modification of original FW. Why is tomato FW better than original FW?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Tunak wrote:
sectroyer wrote:You are blocking ONLY by keyword, I checked it myself it's NOT enough you need better fw on router or install something like tomato/dd-wrt/openwrt. Without it you are wasting your time...
No, I'm blocking by URL. It was working fine for the J Series /small list/. I added all URLs from zoelechats list and all internet services were banned from the K Series TV. So the blocking feature from the router was fine.
It's probably NOT "working fine". Post the result of commands I asked:

ping samsungotn.net
and

ping www.samsungotn.net
Without those results your words don't mean much and in 98% of cases blocking you are using doesn't do a shit :P
Tunak wrote: Why is tomato FW better than original FW?
Usually it ONLY blocks "by url"
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
gianni253

Post by gianni253 »

@Tunak
IMHO the problem relies on protocol: blocking "by url" or by keyword with https protocol will never work because strings are encrypted and router cannot inspect inside the https envelope.
Just make this test: try to block youtube site and let us know ...

Return to “[J] Support”