Information about serial port and the hard disk

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Information about serial port and the hard disk

Post by Mikaop »

I want to help with hacking Samsung TV J Series, I'm trying to decrypt the firmware, So I'm wondering if you already know where is the serial port located, And if it is possible to get a shell from the serial port, also Do you know if the J series have regular Hard drive? and is it encrypted?, Also If you need help with hacking, I can help I'm owning a Samsung J Series TV and I have knowledge in reverse engineering software.

Thanks for your help.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Information about serial port and the hard disk

Post by sectroyer »

You have all in exlink. Simply connect rs232 to your computer :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Mikaop »

Do you know where can I get main board sketch or something that will help me to locate the physical connections of exlink?, cause I see exlink tx rx written on the main board but I don't know where are the physical connections.
Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Mikaop »

Also do you know how do I enter service menu in order to change RS232 UART mode to debug mode? I dont have [FACTORY] button on the remote nor [ INFO ] button
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

Mikaop wrote:Also do you know how do I enter service menu in order to change RS232 UART mode to debug mode? I dont have [FACTORY] button on the remote nor [ INFO ] button
You can use any samsung IR remote control to enter normal Service Menu to enter extended service menu you need factory IR remote or smartphone with build IR and app "SRC Samsung TV"
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Mikaop »

Thanks, I see i have two unmounted 3.5mm ports on the main board, one of them is probably the ex-link... each port have two 3 metal surfaces in triangle shape(probably one triangle is TX and one is RX) and a hole (probably for GND), when I checked the voltage on those metal surfaces with multimeter, I got 0V, I tried to connect to them my USB to TTL and open putty on the correct COM but I didnt see any data... What is the problem? Also I'm assuming that for each triangle, all the 3 metal surfaces needs to touch the cable that goes to the usb adapter, is that correct?
Also in this usb device im connecting TX/RX/GND without 5V or 3.3V, is that correct?
Also in the Service menu, in the Sub Option i have "UART Enable" option should it be ON or OFF (RS232 Jack is on Debug)
s-l1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

TTL doesn't work on J/K using RS-232, check new wiki page:
https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title ... J/K_Series
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Mikaop »

zoelechat wrote:TTL doesn't work on J/K using RS-232, check new wiki page:
https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title ... J/K_Series
The wiki is incorrect, There is no 3.5mm port that can be connected to, I opened the TV case, I need to solder the cable to the unmounted 3.5mm port, And the points where I need to solder (both RX and TX) have 0 Volt, What went wrong?, I'm guessing that the points to solder shouldn't be 0 Volts, What's the voltage I should look for?Thanks.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Mikaop wrote:The wiki is incorrect, There is no 3.5mm port that can be connected to, I opened the TV case, I need to solder the cable to the unmounted 3.5mm port, And the points where I need to solder (both RX and TX) have 0 Volt, What went wrong?, I'm guessing that the points to solder shouldn't be 0 Volts, What's the voltage I should look for?Thanks.
Wiki is not incorrect, only mid/high-end models have Exlink. Sorry but no idea about voltage nor where to solder, I just can tell you that TTL doesn't work on *existing* Exlink port.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Mikaop »

Thanks, savan. What is micom_tx and micom_rx? I don't familiar with this term

Return to “[J] Support”