Locating EXLINK

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Locating EXLINK

Post by Mikaop »

Hi, I have a board like this, the only difference is that "1" is unmounted, so I have two 3 pin triangles like in "2", I'm thinking that "1" is the EXLINK and because "1" is unmounted I need to solder RS232 -> USBCOM to it, Does anyone know what is the structure of "1" so I will know where to solder TX/RX/GND? or what is the model name of this part? Can I solder TX AND RX to "3" AND GND to any metal surface?
Thanks.
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Locating EXLINK

Post by bugficks »

im no electronics guy... but there are other 3.5mm jacks on board where you could figure out layout :)
Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Mikaop »

You mean to desolder them and check? I prefer in a cleaner way...
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

no, use 3.5mm plug and volt meter to check on existing jack to figure out what goes where
Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Mikaop »

bugficks wrote:no, use 3.5mm plug and volt meter to check on existing jack to figure out what goes where
I don't think its the correct approach because the conductors of each pin on the other 3.5mm plugs are different on each plug... And I get 0V on all the pins of the suspected EXLINK...
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If you`re familar with osciloscope and you have it (at home/work/friends/anywhere available for your service), you could check signal shapes if any on those pins...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Mikaop
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Mikaop »

juusso wrote:If you`re familar with osciloscope and you have it (at home/work/friends/anywhere available for your service), you could check signal shapes if any on those pins...
I don't have Oscilloscope in reach..
Is it ok to search for TX (only) by trying all possible pins?

Return to “[J] Support”