Change optical out mode - shortcut

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

pecka007
SamyGO Project Donor

Change optical out mode - shortcut

Post by pecka007 »

Hello,
my TV model is UE65JS8502 and i'm looking for solution of my "problem". I have connected TV with optical output to receiver.
If i'm playing some movie, i am able to set optical mode to Dolby Digital or sometimes to DTS - which is correctly detected on receiver.
But this switching is deep in MENU. Menu - Sound - Other settings - .... It's not possible to choose directly as a speaker mode.
If i switch output mode to PCM - no Dolby Digital or DTS is detected and the quality of sound effects is not as good as if it is decoded by receiver.

On my old TV UE40C8000 it was detected automatically, it automatically send DD or DTS to receiver - functionality as SPDIF passthrough.

Is there any settings or hidden setting in service menu, where can i enable passthrough to my receiver?

Thanks.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Change optical out mode - shortcut

Post by sectroyer »

No, you can only count for on root and for that you need to block updates on router ASAP and wait :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
pecka007
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Change optical out mode - shortcut

Post by pecka007 »

Thanks for your answer. I'm little bit angry, because Samsung makes their TVs less and less comfortable.
So if i can't wait for rooting, the fastest way to make playing movies comfortable is to buy Android TV box and play movies from App like Kodi. :(

Return to “[J] Support”