JU7000 no USB support, not possible to firmware update

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

jovanny84

JU7000 no USB support, not possible to firmware update

Post by jovanny84 »

Hello,

I bought a second hand UE48JU7000 TV, but I have the following problems:

- not possible to upgrade the firmware. I know, I know, I should be happy because of it, but the software version is 1000, and if I know well, there was an update, which repaired a picture quality issue. It offer the new software (1452) via cable ethernet, but when the process should start, it say: The update is not possible. From pendrive, the same situation (Fat32 and not compressed file of course), attach, identify the new software on it, try to start the update, and inform: The update is not possible. No other errorcode.

- the USB playback is not working. I attach the media (pendrive, portable HDD), and the TV idetify it, asks if I would like to browse it. I click on OK, nothing happens. In source menu I can see the USB, the name of the unit, the information is available (size, available size, name, etc.), but the browsing is not working. The picture goes black, wait, but nothing happens. I can use Back or Source menu button to quit from this back picture. Same, when I try to browse a PC's shared folder. It seems to be a problem with the browse window of the TV.

Does anybody faced with similar problem?

The Samsung service is a piece of shit here. I gave it for them to repair. First they said it is MB problem. 2 days later said it is not MB problem, just a new software was needed. I can collect it on next day. Payed and took home, tested, and it had ABSOLUTELY THE SAME ERRORS, that I gave them to repair. Oh, sorry, take it back. Next day called me, they are pretty sure, that the problem is with the One connect box. I said OK, order it. Ordered, 2 weeks later arrived (instead of the 2-3 days). Aaaaaaand, no. :) So they said I can collect it without repair, and give back the "repair" and diagnosis" price. Thank you Samsung.

I have ordered a used mainboard (broken LCD) from the UK, but one of my friends will bring it to Hungary in 1 month, because the seller didn't shipped it to here.

I am using the TV right now, installed on the wall, and I can live with the mentioned errors, till the other MB arrives, but I am nearly sure, that it is a software related problem, maybe just a setting in the factory menu, bad r?gion or something. What sould I check?

If you have any idea, please don't hesitate to comment. Thank you, have a nice day. :)
Anaglypta

Re: JU7000 no USB support, not possible to firmware update

Post by Anaglypta »

Your USB drives need to be NTFS format!

John.

Return to “[J] Support”