UN55J6520 - Wrong Firmware Installed???

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Phillius

UN55J6520 - Wrong Firmware Installed???

Post by Phillius »

Hi folks. Boy am I glad I found this forum.

If anyone will know this issue it's you lovely people.

I bought this TV used and I think someone has the wrong firmware region of firmware on it? Is that possible?

It's the North American version. T-HKMFAKUC. But it shows version 1218.8 on it and through looking on here, the NA version didn't have a 1218 firmware?

I'm finding the menus freezing seemingly randomly. Some screens I can get too and it'll stay there forever while others will jam up. I managed to get into the service menu and do a factory reset. The resulting initial setup worked perfectly and I thought I had it fixed only to have things jam up again.

And I'm not getting picture from the HDMI's. The apps partially work.

I was trying to find a way to update firmware via USB outside of the menu within the TV [which I can't get to without it freezing before I get there] but I can't seem to find a way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UN55J6520 - Wrong Firmware Installed???

Post by juusso »

Symptoms are like your TV is experiencing memory issues (emmc bad sectors?) or badly installed firmware (less chance, as all important partitions are being checked for consistency by hash calculation. If missmatch - no reboot to nefly installed firmware, roll back to previuos firmware).

How to help? No idea as you already did factory reset. I also do not know any method how to force firmware installation w/o navigating via menus. Migh emmc jtag is an option, but for this some soldering and specific knowledge/skills are required.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[J] Support”