Fixable or new TV ?

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Sammy2015

Fixable or new TV ?

Post by Sammy2015 »

I have a Ue55Js8500 curved, and in its history have had a few repairs. The final repair I still wasn't happy with and had insurance payout for it.

The issue is an outline box around the screen about 2-3 inch in from the edge. It shows up in various sources and in light faint colours.

I've had a look online and some people have said it's the Lcd panel (would be unfortunate as it's had 4 in the repair process) some have said it's the blocking material behind the glass ( I'm a little be scared of tearing down but if need be, it maybe where the lights sit might need tape or the diffusion layer needs blocking?) and it could be the tcon board firing up the lights wrong.

The screen has also been blank screening when first turns on (sound and menu still works but the screen goes blank of what ever picture is on) so maybe in my thoughts a main / av board is to blame ?

Or could the issue be the famous led/colour banding, I tried to replicate it seen in the attached pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sammy2015

Re: Fixable or new TV ?

Post by Sammy2015 »

I have eased the issue - Maybe masked it , by taking back case off and removing the metal front bezel and adding tape down the edge and corners, it looks as though it has had something like that whilst in for repair as tape was there already. The issues still there but fainter so guessing would have to go in deeper... maybe modify the led guides / diffusion area. Has anyone tried this on any type of screen or know of anyone that may have to poine in the right direction?
Sammy2015

Re: Fixable or new TV ?

Post by Sammy2015 »

Well spent the afternoon tearing this down, built it up then turned on, fine, then few minutes later .... and the below happened :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[J] Support”