Weird TV problem (HDMI not working) - UE58J5200

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

heartless

Weird TV problem (HDMI not working) - UE58J5200

Post by heartless »

Hey guys,

So yesterday while browsing my PC monitors went black, but the system was running (fans spinning and such) so i figured maybe the display driver failed, so i pushed the power button and waited for the system to shut down properly. It did, powered it back on and everything seemed fine, except that the TV was no longer detected (TV is a Samsung ue58j5200 firmware 1180.2)
I have a 2 monitor setup and one TV (1xDisplayPort, 1xDVI and the TV is on HDMI) the video card in an RX480, system is running Windows 10.

So these are the steps that i've tried:
1. Changed HDMI port on tv, nothing
2. Put one of the monitors on GPU's HDMI, everything works ok.
3. I have another PC connected to that TV on the other HDMI port, that PC also does no recognize the TV , different cable (GTX 560ti on Windows 10)
4. Fired up a laptop, plugged the HDMI cable in, nothing (This one with Windows 7)

All of the above systems worked ok in the past on HDMI so everything points out to some fried HDMI ports on the TV but then:

5. Plugged in my Panasonic GH5 camera on HDMI, instant picture on HDMI , both ports tested.
6. Plugged in a raspberry pi that i have lying around, instant picture

I did a factory reset on the tv, reinstalled gpu drivers, nothing, no PCs detect the tv and i don't get a picture.
This is driving me mad. Any ideas, guys?

Thanks!
brolsic

Re: Weird TV problem (HDMI not working) - UE58J5200

Post by brolsic »

try another hdmi cable. this happenned to me and changing the cable worked even though the cable works on another tv.
heartless

Post by heartless »

Hello, thank you for the answer!
I have 2 computers connected permanently to the tv (2 separate cables), both of them don't work on hdmi now. I find it hard to believe that both of them went bad at the same time, but i will get another cable and give it a go and reply here.
Any other ideas?
Thank you!
heartless

Post by heartless »

Hello,
Tried 2 different more cables, nothing, same symptom. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
heartless

Post by heartless »

nothing?

Return to “[J] Support”