UE40EH5300 direct emmc unbrick solution

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: UE40EH5300 direct emmc unbrick solution!

Post by sectroyer »

savan wrote:Definitely.
I answer JUST so others who read this post would know that is NOT some kind of scam. People should block updates on router ASAP if they EVER want working root. Now to main issue:) Few people from this thread already HAD their TVs rooted, I modified their boot chain, left something on their usb sticks and rebooted TV :) Instead of saying bullshit and spread bad info you could have simply pm'ed other testers and confirm that root "is real" :D :lol: Also you say stuff that ONLY somebody who doesn't want SamyGO to succeed :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I hope you will succeed :) Tough I doubt it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
leimeisei
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leimeisei »

savan I think you're wasting your time with that. Too hard. During testing sectroyer already proved he was able to gain remote shell on my J series and shut it down :D
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

savan wrote: In case you show me root (it will save my free time for cccam client), all my work to dvb api will go public for everybody, but in seccond case (I lost my free time for gaining stupid root another way) all things will go private. So again I say: please show your root, save my free time for oscam and dvb api!
Ok, being polite I will say it like this root will NOT get you closer to coding "oscam and dvb api" :) If I gave you root today you will be able to log in, send/receive files but you would NOT be able to do ANYTHING with oscam :) In TV there are MANY levels of security which block a lot of stuff, trustzone, custom kernel, modules, libs with "hidden features" ;) We have to inspect EVERYTHING so users will NOT brick their TVs :) Also I can tell you already that you will NOT code oscam with ANY gstreamer api :)
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

modifying any partition will result in signature check failure -> brick
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

sure we did but thats kinda the same for years. trusted boot chain.
well there is gstreamer and dvb devices but i somehow doubt you can use it the way you want. they basically moved everything into trustzone. look at their hawkm/p source release. they even run ffmpeg in TZ
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

well im sure you need to be "samsung partner" to make native apps. those bins are sig checked too unless kernel is patched :)
someone hooked emmc directly: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=10691
we did dumps too of cause but i wont upload 4GB dump:)
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

well I guess w/ smth like z3x easy jtag. bins and kmods are sig checked too. we have some samsung spy here so I wont get into details (neither by pm). thats about all im going to tell until sectroyer releases root :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Congratts! Actually i was waiting for this method ages...
It would be great not only post pinouts and/or video, but also some description aka howto...
Sure, after you succeed :)

I just see relative problem here - hardware. But at least to build up a method, only one jtag is needed.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I think Micom is a specific separate chip, some info about its possible "repair" there: https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 891#p86791
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[J] Brainstorm”