K Model Service Menu

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

notadrummer

Re: K Model Service Menu

Post by notadrummer »

Yeah, that's me. Before you changed PWM_Movie_INI, did you change any other setting before realizing pwm_movie_ini was the correct one? I'm wondering what PWM_INI_2D does, and thought you might have already tried it. Do you remember changing this setting?
masterturk

Post by masterturk »

i think i tried ini_2D at 100 aswell but didnt see a difference so i put it back. not sure if that would stop the dimming at full black screen (i wasnt looking for it)
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

notadrummer wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:43 pm Yeah, that's me. Before you changed PWM_Movie_INI, did you change any other setting before realizing pwm_movie_ini was the correct one? I'm wondering what PWM_INI_2D does, and thought you might have already tried it. Do you remember changing this setting?
My guess although vague, is that the 2d would be the greyscale (black and white part of the colour cube).
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

masterturk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:45 pm i fixed the overly bright image,there is some setting where you can change the hue, saturation and lightness of main colors and the lightsness was too high on them for some reason, so brought them dont to 50 and it all looks great now :)

also i know what A N S stands for now, A is for Auto color space, N is for Native and S is for native in game mode
For what colour space did you change the value/s auto, native or game? Was it hsl, sat or lightness values?

Awesome find on activating the advanced settings, I wonder if this method will work on any of the earlier models :?:

Thanks for sharing the A N S meaning.
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

masterturk wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:06 pm just to let people know, i found a way to disable ths dimming! just had to put the PWM_MOVIE_INI to 100 in the 2D_Subseting :)

but now that i can use non-pc mode i noticed my colors and picture is brighter and overly white compared to pc mode eventhough picture setting are the same. is this normal? or did something in service menu mess up :? can someone explain to me what the A, N, S versions on the colors mean in colormapping?

thanks.
Strange, my tv default was set to 100 in PWM_MOVIE_INI, min at 0, mid at 5, also strange is auto dimming was switched off as default.
masterturk

Post by masterturk »

idm1 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:41 am
masterturk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:45 pm i fixed the overly bright image,there is some setting where you can change the hue, saturation and lightness of main colors and the lightsness was too high on them for some reason, so brought them dont to 50 and it all looks great now :)

also i know what A N S stands for now, A is for Auto color space, N is for Native and S is for native in game mode
For what colour space did you change the value/s auto, native or game? Was it hsl, sat or lightness values?

Awesome find on activating the advanced settings, I wonder if this method will work on any of the earlier models :?:

Thanks for sharing the A N S meaning.
i changed S only (game mode), if you look at the image below(not my img)... i just made all the 6 digit ones 505050 which resulted in same output as PC Mode. (FYI its scale of 00-99.. first 50 is Hue, second 50 is saturation, third 50 is lightness) and all the others 50505050

KINGLIFER

Post by KINGLIFER »

Hi guys... I have a amsung UN65KS8500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV and I wanted to have the ability to record live.
I set it to caribbean but now the picture looks fuzzy and the "samsung" logo does not start in the beginning it just say SQHD TV or something to that effect.

Is there anyway to go back to the factory? I did a reset but oddly it still looks like how I left it in the menu.

Thank you. Sorry I am not so jokie jokie... just purchased this and it was a hassle to get it in my home. I really don't want to exchange the TV.
nosr3j

Post by nosr3j »

HI everyone!

I just recently found out about this forum and it's god send! :D

Anyways, Upon checking around around this website, I read that once you've updated, chances are slim to none that you'll have your TV rooted ( no root for K series anyways ).

I just need a few things clarified.

I have a KU6000 43". My goal is to enable the Bluetooth on the TV and I have mistakenly updated to the latest software version :(

- Do I need to root the TV to access the service menu?
- What remote do you recommend that's compatible with my TV model? If it's not yet too late to access the service menu and enable the Bluetooth function.

I hope you guys can help. I may have not looked deeper on to this website to get those answers.

Thanks again :D
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I assume and hope that no firmware update will ever prevent access to service menu...
It has nothing to do with root, check wiki or search forum for how to access (indeed you might not have looked "deep" enough, or most possibly "not at all" :D)
Just beware that it's extremely likely that your TV simply doesn't own any bluetooth hardware.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
nosr3j

Post by nosr3j »

zoelechat wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:46 pm I assume and hope that no firmware update will ever prevent access to service menu...
It has nothing to do with root, check wiki or search forum for how to access (indeed you might not have looked "deep" enough, or most possibly "not at all" :D)
Just beware that it's extremely likely that your TV simply doesn't own any bluetooth hardware.
Your right, it most likely doesn't have it. Anyways, I don't like its current remote, can you suggest a different remote that's compatible with this? :D

Return to “[K] General”