K Model Service Menu

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: K Model Service Menu

Post by zoelechat »

Ok, was just in case you missed it, I've got no idea if it's disable-able otherwise.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Hensel

Post by Hensel »

zoelechat wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 am Here's full tree of KS7000, shouldn't be that far :)
Thank you very much! Are these the same values as kS8000?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Best is that you compare, only difference I know is single vs dual tuner but I've never seen KS8000 SM so can't tell you exactly. Theoretically should be very close...
charleswesde

Post by charleswesde »

I only have the smart remote with my TV. However I have an ir blaster on my phone and have tried multiple app remotes and although the buttons work as they should I haven't been able to get into the service menu using the button combinations described in the wiki. Can anyone confirm if you can use an app to get into the service menu and if so which app you used. If for whatever reason you have to use a Samsung remote to get into the service menu, which remote should I get?

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I can confirm. Use IR service remote app on galaxy S5 i easily could get into SM of K6072 and Q8C. Same goes for other i guess.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
charleswesde

Re: RE: Re: K Model Service Menu

Post by charleswesde »

juusso wrote:I can confirm. Use IR service remote app on galaxy S5 i easily could get into SM of K6072 and Q8C. Same goes for other i guess.
Thanks for the confirmation. I still wasn't about to reach the service menu using the button commands in the wiki while the TV is in standby. But I was able to get there by pressing info then factory while the TV is powered on. I have a ku650d. I just purchased it about a week ago and it updated to the latest firmware as soon as I powered it on, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Last edited by charleswesde on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
charleswesde

Re: RE: Re: K Model Service Menu

Post by charleswesde »

BecauseItIsThere wrote:One way that does work is to buy two IR LEDs and some alligator clip ($6.00 total), assemble them in accordance with the directions in the URL below, download the zip file from the same page whic contains the WAV files and follow the other directions. It worked perfectly the first time. I was able to enter the Service Menu and change my country code so that I could get PVR. I tested the PVR and it works as you would expect. I did some other changes first but the PVR did not show up. Just changing the Country did have PVR show up and operate correctly. I cannot say if it was a combination of my first actions or just changing the Country.

Try just changing the country first and POST if just the country is required to activate PVR.

My next step is to see if PIP can work. TV is UN40KU3600F US version.
Any luck getting pip working?

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

I have a 2016 KS8500 and the info+menu+mute+power button did not work for getting into the service menu.

I used the remote from an older Samsung TV in order to put in the code. The one that worked for my set was mute+1+8+2+power button.

I bought my TV from Amazon used and it was advertised as "Like New" for a great price. When I got it, I found that it was nowhere near being "Like New". Although the picture worked great I was concerned about the TV being a floor display with a lot of hours on it. But going into the service menu I was able to see that it only have 10 hours total, of which, I probably put on about 5 of those hours. I contacted the seller and was able to negotiate a partial refund that worked for both of us and now I'm quite happy with the TV.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Cranium wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:25 pmThe one that worked for my set was mute+1+8+2+power button.
Sure, means non-European model, as told in wiki. "KS8500" doesn't tell region, but UN or UA I guess...
Cranium wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:25 pmgoing into the service menu I was able to see that it only have 10 hours total
Beware that panel display time is reset to 0 on simple factory reset, so its value means absolutely nothing, and even less if mainboard has been changed for example :)
masterturk

Post by masterturk »

just to let people know, i found a way to disable ths dimming! just had to put the PWM_MOVIE_INI to 100 in the 2D_Subseting :)

but now that i can use non-pc mode i noticed my colors and picture is brighter and overly white compared to pc mode eventhough picture setting are the same. is this normal? or did something in service menu mess up :? can someone explain to me what the A, N, S versions on the colors mean in colormapping?

thanks.

Return to “[K] General”