KS model - not receiving channels. Can it be fixed with firmware?

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

JonTim

KS model - not receiving channels. Can it be fixed with firmware?

Post by JonTim »

Hi,

+ Are EU KS7000 TVs built with the same hardware/tuners?
+ Can I modify my TV's software/firmware to accept different tuner channels if I move country still within the EU?
+ I'm trying to determine if my TV needs to be returned, or simply needs a firmware/software modification to show TV, as currently the tuner isn't finding channels.

Backstory:
I bought a standard EU model KS7000 from Amazon. I live in Germany. I'm struggling to pick up more than 5 channels on it, (that I believe are internet channels)

Samsung are not being very helpful, standard "turn it on/off" kind of comments and dodging my questions regarding software/hardware differences between the model I have and what is needed to accept German channels. [My model: UE60KS7000SXXH, German model: UE60KS7090U]

I read on Amazon that this issue could be solved with a firmware swap. Is this true? Does anyone have knowledge of this? Would this be the case if I moved from Germany to another EU country as well, i.e just download firmware variants onto a USB stick to make your TV's tuners compatible?

Samsung give instructions on changing the firmware via USB on their website. But is this risky? Does it void warranty?

Thanks,
Jon

Return to “[K] General”