Smarthub server IPs and Tizen apps download url

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

nrbrt

Smarthub server IPs and Tizen apps download url

Post by nrbrt »

Hi All,

I am bit new in smarttv, and I would like to know the smarthub servers IPs,
I am interesting in Tizen Filmon app source code, for learning purposes.
Do you know please the smarthub servers IP ? and maybe a link to the applications what the smarthub is using during the application download/install ?

Thank you very much.
nrbrt

Re: Smarthub server IPs and Tizen apps download url

Post by nrbrt »

Until now I have discovered these :
Samsung SmartTV notice(maintenances etc..):

notice.samsungcloudsolution.com
noticecdn.samsungcloudsolution.com

Samsung ADS server:
ads.samsungads.com

Do you know somebody what is :
lcprd1.samsungcloudsolution.net and lcprd2.samsungcloudsolution.net ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

nrbrt wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:12 pm Do you know please the smarthub servers IP ? and maybe a link to the applications what the smarthub is using during the application download/install ?
Apps/Games thumbnails/details/etc (=store layout) are retrieved from *.samsungqbe.com
And they're downloaded from apps.samsungcloudcdn.com

No idea about lcprd*.samsungcloudsolution.net, here whole domain blocked without any noticeable effect :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
nrbrt

Post by nrbrt »

Thank you zoelechat,

I already realized too that when I install apps these servers are used :

osb-apps.samsungqbe.com
apps.samsungcloudcdn.com
apps.samsungcloudcdn.com.edgesuite.net

but the detail what you have sent is great :-)

the lcprd*.samsungcloudsolution.net are used quite lot when I access apps, can be maybe some tracking ?
I will disable lcprd*.samsungcloudsolution.net too and let's see if there is some effect or not...

btw. do you know if Samsung is doing some tracking on the smarthub - like which apps are installed/what is used etc....
sdhweg

Post by sdhweg »

Could we redirect this to an private/internal app server to install own apps

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

nrbrt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:47 am btw. do you know if Samsung is doing some tracking on the smarthub - like which apps are installed/what is used etc....
Of course they do. I've even noticed something more odd on K: got a NAS plugged to it, on power ON when TV is not connected to internet NAS awakes and expectedly goes back into sleep after its idle time (~5min). When TV is connected to internet, NAS is constantly seeking files for more than half an hour on every boot!! Only one step to hasty conclusions...

Seeing the amount of private information they retrieve, the quantity of third party uninstallable BLOATWARES we're imposed, the ads shown in Smarthub and apps, the in-app purchases, etc... they could GIVE TVs, they would still be beneficiary :twisted:
nrbrt

Post by nrbrt »

sdhweg wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 am Could we redirect this to an private/internal app server to install own apps

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
You can install own apps through develop mode.
nrbrt

Post by nrbrt »

zoelechat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:17 am
nrbrt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:47 am btw. do you know if Samsung is doing some tracking on the smarthub - like which apps are installed/what is used etc....
Of course they do. I've even noticed something more odd on K: got a NAS plugged to it, on power ON when TV is not connected to internet NAS awakes and expectedly goes back into sleep after its idle time (~5min). When TV is connected to internet, NAS is constantly seeking files for more than half an hour on every boot!! Only one step to hasty conclusions...

Seeing the amount of private information they retrieve, the quantity of third party uninstallable BLOATWARES we're imposed, the ads shown in Smarthub and apps, the in-app purchases, etc... they could GIVE TVs, they would still be beneficiary :twisted:
Uff, Do you know maybe more info which servers are the tracking ones ? that I can disable them ?
I would like still to use the smarthub to install apps from they market place - but just for learning purposes that I can see the codes...
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Not exactly, I focused more on blocking fw updates, and I've nothing to hide anyway :D
I guess some *samsung* domain (!), more tcpdump would tell...
nrbrt

Post by nrbrt »

zoelechat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:22 pm Not exactly, I focused more on blocking fw updates, and I've nothing to hide anyway :D
I guess some *samsung* domain (!), more tcpdump would tell...
Thanks zoelechat,
it is not about hiding, but when Samsung will pay for me for a private tv sniffing : what I am using... than no issue, but until they not pay anything than no way from my side...it is a normal way : they want something from me, I wan't also something back :-)
tcpdump will be fine, unfortunately I have just tplink w841nd and there is not enough mem for tcpdump, but trying to get a hub ...

Return to “[K] General”