New UN65KS850D...Will Rooting Help Me?

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

ARAMP1

New UN65KS850D...Will Rooting Help Me?

Post by ARAMP1 »

New guy here. Thank you for having me. Today I took delivery of a new Samsung UN65KS850D. I set it up and was quickly disappointed.

The TV is in my "movie room" with a Roku Ultra as my main input source. I have ripped all of my blurays/DVDs and use a Plex Media Server to watch movies on the Roku through the Plex app.

So, immediately after setting up the TV, I realized that several of the newer movies will not play the sound. They all work just fine with the disk through the XBoxOne and they all worked with my old Samsung Plasma TV through the Roku/Plex. I've come to the conclusion that there is some kind of copy protection with the TV. I'm just kind of bummed right now since Roku/Plex is the main reason I bought the TV.

So, am I able to root this TV and will it help me in my situation? Thanks for any help.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: New UN65KS850D...Will Rooting Help Me?

Post by juusso »

No, root wont help you. Better focus on how to avoid cinavia protection in other ways, e.g. how to ripp disk properly e.t.c.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

juusso wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:00 am No, root wont help you. Better focus on how to avoid cinavia protection in other ways, e.g. how to ripp disk properly e.t.c.
That's NOT truth, the problem you are experiencing imho is cinavia and to get root you need to stick to this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8274
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I'd bet more on Plex owning cinavia than TV itself...
To confirm or not, you should try to put some of your files on USB plugged to TV and check if TV's own media player plays them correctly.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

We have reports from cinaviapatch users for whom "it fixed their plex issue". Looks plex is using same libs or something like that :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Not sure comparison between 2016 TVs and 2012-13 BD players can be really accurate...
Which TV lib are you going to patch if cinavia is part of Plex only? :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

possible, needs more investigation but sounds like it :)
Borygo77
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Borygo77 »

Get proper android box from ebay, install libreelec and your good to go. Cost around ~30€
Way better experience than tv players, roku and all other stuff around like xbox or ps4...
Trust me! I know what I'm saying :)
48HU7500 1008 - half rooted by mihd :P

Return to “[K] General”