Lack the option Screen Mirroring in K series TV

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

markf

Lack the option Screen Mirroring in K series TV

Post by markf »

In F series I could mirror the windows phone 8 screen (Through the wireless connection) just by selecting the "Screen Mirroring" function on TV, so the TV waited for the connection and the screen of the cell phone was shown on the TV. But in the K series it is not possible! Currently the TV supports smartview (only photo, video and music) which is well below the "Screen Mirroring". Does anyone know if in the future it might be possible to include this function again on TV in some way? Thank you.
TV: Samsung UN49K6500
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Lack the option Screen Mirroring in K series TV

Post by zoelechat »

Miracast is supported, you now have to select screen mirroring on phone, not anymore on TV.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
markf

Post by markf »

zoelechat wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:26 pm Miracast is supported, you now have to select screen mirroring on phone, not anymore on TV.
Unfortunately it does not work like I used in WP8. If I select on the cell phone "Projecting screen" the cell phone can not find the TV. Already with screen mirroring of the F series enabled the cell phone to find the TV and then the connection was made. And still WP8 there is no such "smartview" application as exists for android. The tv appears only through the bluetooth, but if I try to pair nothing happens, no message appears on the TV to enter pairing code.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well old behavior mirroring has been totally removed on K, as well as in Smartview app on every platform, so if you can't get Miracast/WiDi to work in any way, I'm afraid there's not much hope :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
markf

Post by markf »

zoelechat wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:00 pm Well old behavior mirroring has been totally removed on K, as well as in Smartview app on every platform, so if you can't get Miracast/WiDi to work in any way, I'm afraid there's not much hope :)
Right, thanks.

Return to “[K] General”