I am newbie hacker on Samsung Tizen TV. Need help 4 basic curiosity.

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

piann

I am newbie hacker on Samsung Tizen TV. Need help 4 basic curiosity.

Post by piann »

I tried to hack Samsung Tizen TV(UN65K8500****) but faced some adversity. so I want "specific" solution about that.

1. How to attach shell? I access the sdb from Tizen studio(sdb) but policy of Samsung block me. So I want to know how to bypass that policy.

2. I found the firmware upgrade file named "upgrade.msd". but it is encrypted so "./binwalk --all-option upgrade.msd" is not working. so I want to know how to decrypt "upgrade.msd"

3. Can I develop and upload the native app? As I know, the public account can develop only web app. so I want to know how to develop and upload native app.

4. What kind of API of Native app or TV web app can contol hardware device? or If API of Native app consists, Please let me know.

5. What is the difference of Tizen 2.* and Tizen 3.0? Is there any "one-day exploit file" or well known vulnerabilty?
szt

Re: I am newbie hacker on Samsung Tizen TV. Need help 4 basic curiosity.

Post by szt »

> 1. How to attach shell? I access the sdb from Tizen studio(sdb) but policy of Samsung block me. So I want to know how to bypass that policy.

No known method.

> 2. I found the firmware upgrade file named "upgrade.msd". but it is encrypted so "./binwalk --all-option upgrade.msd" is not working. so I want to know how to decrypt "upgrade.msd"

You can find some dumps here viewtopic.php?p=98339#p98339 viewtopic.php?p=99168#p99168

> 3. Can I develop and upload the native app?

NO. Only if you hack TV or get some contract from samsung. Or wait for samygo rooting method (don't forget to block updates)

> 4. What kind of API of Native app or TV web app can contol hardware device?

What devices? TV Tuner? Don't know. Some internal undocumented API I think.

> 5. What is the difference of Tizen 2.* and Tizen 3.0?

New security shit, new libraries (newer versions)

> Is there any "one-day exploit file" or well known vulnerabilty?

No comments

Return to “[K] General”