combined channel list from different aerials

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

5fish

combined channel list from different aerials

Post by 5fish »

I have a KS8000 8 Series SUHD Telly here in Spain.

Took me a while to figure out but have just finally managed to get it configured with both digital terrestrial (DVB-T2) and Canal Digitaal (Dutch DVB-S2) channels at the same time directly to the TV (so without sat box).

I can't seem to figure out how to create a list where channels of both aerials are mixed. If that is not possible whatever reason, to at least have a quick access from the main menu to either list as right now can only way I can find to switch is though the 'channel list' menu, which to toggle between either is a total of 11 clicks which I can't believe to be the the only way.

Thanks in advance,

Q
player1

Re: combined channel list from different aerials

Post by player1 »

Hello, sorry I don't have answers for you, but how did you manage to scan for satellite channels? I have a dual tuner, but after scanning for terrestrial I don't know where to go to add satellite channels.

Thank you
5fish

Re: combined channel list from different aerials

Post by 5fish »

Hi player1,

Took me quite some time and I can't believe this is the only way, but the way I managed was to 'restart' the setup procedure by going to "Menu > Settings > System > Start Setup", then start by selecting one of the two tuners and doing a scan. Once that completes you should see at the bottom somewhere where it says something along the lines of 'add tuner' or 'add another', click that and then select the other tuner run the scan and then put complete.

Once it's done you might think it didn't work (I atleast did), until I found out that you had to switch the tuner/aeriel to see the other channel list (which is my current issue as it's so many steps) by going:
Menu > Channel List > Right click to see full right menu > Scroll to bottom most option which will say either "Terrestrial" or "Satellite" > click and toggle

You'll then see the guide and/or channel list for the channels on the other tuner.

Hope you get it working, and if you find a quicker way to toggle between aeriels or even better have a combined list (like my previous tuner was able to do) please let me know.

Thanks

Return to “[K] Support”