Smart Remote Bluetooth not working

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Gords

Smart Remote Bluetooth not working

Post by Gords »

I got my tv second hand so have no warranty despite it being only a few weeks old. The smart remote has never worked and after doing some troubleshooting it seems its bluetooth doesn't work only the infrared (turns tv off and on). I think its unlikely but is there anything i can try on it before i buy another? I had a poke about inside but there is not much to see as its all smc. I think i see some debug pads so maybe i could program it manually if the information was out there but i cant see that happening :)

Thanks.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Smart Remote Bluetooth not working

Post by zoelechat »

Did you pair it? You have to press simultaneously return and play/pause for >3 seconds
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Gords

Post by Gords »

Yes but no bluetooth signal comes out, i have tested by scanning with other devices like pc and phone.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

It's meant to be paired with tv, not other devices :)
Gords

Post by Gords »

Seeing if it appears on other devices is how you test if the bluetooth is working :p
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I had understood, and I even tried meanwhile, no way to make it appear on any other device than TV, and it's working of course :)
Gords

Post by Gords »

It only appears when you press the syncing buttons.
Gords

Post by Gords »

This is driving me mad now. Received my second replacement from ebay today and all three remotes show the same behaviour. They turn the tv on/off via infrared but will not sync and are not showing up on my laptop, pc or mobile on the bluetooth when in sync mode! The tv bluetooth is working fine as i have connected a few accessories via bluetooth with no problems.

The fact that i have 3 remotes with the same fault seems so unlikely to me but here we are. Could some kind ku6400 smart remote owner tell me how they synced and if the remote does actually appear to other bluetooth devices that are scanning like samsung says?

Thanks for any help.
Gords

Post by Gords »

Took my 'faulty' remote into a shop today. The bloke pointed it at the nearest recent samsung smart tv and paired it instantly :/

Im really confused now. Tv's bluetooth works and pairs with things such as bluetooth speakers but nothing happens when i try pairing the remote.

Could i kindly ask what people are doing in detail when they pair their smart remotes?
Mechanic

Post by Mechanic »

Hello, today I bought a TV from my friend. and also does not synchronize the console. On the TV bluetooth works fine. but the remote seems to be defective. What model of the remote control could you advise?
  thanks mechanic

Return to “[K] Support”