Change/Reinstall Demo Video on TV

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Alexej

Change/Reinstall Demo Video on TV

Post by Alexej »

Hi to all! I've a little TV shop and I use the pre-installed demo video on KS series to show how great are those TV...
Some days ago I've accidentally removed the pre-installed demo and I can not install anymore..

Can someone help me with this? I want to re-install the demo 'cause I don't have another 4K source and I can't use USB keys with autoplay 'cause they've already stolen 2 from my shop!

Please help and sorry for my bad english!

Alexej
Alexej

Re: Change/Reinstall Demo Video on TV

Post by Alexej »

Hi to all! I've done it!!!

'Cause I can't find a solution on the web I tried so many times and finally I've done!

If you want to install a new demo video on J, K or even M and QLED Samsung Smart TV simply take a USB drive, create on the root a directory named "Demo" (exactly written like this, without "") and put any video file you want as demo on the Smart TV.
Then enable Shop mode on TV, press Tools on the remote and select Update Demo.
The TV will show "Loading" until finished the copy and then you can have ANY video file as demo on your TV (I tried .ts and .mp4 and both worked!)

Note: When Update Demo is selected, some models (like KU6000, KU6100, MU6100, MU6200) show an alert "Insufficient Memory". You simply have to choose a smaller video file! On KU6000 and KU6100 a 700Mb video can work!

ENJOY!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Thanks for solution! :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Jmill

Post by Jmill »

Alexej

Can you please explain how you created the files in the USB drive? I am having the same issue and followed your solution but when I try "update demo" it says - no file exists. I made a Demo root folder and placed a mp4 file in the folder. Thank you for your help!!!
Alexej

Post by Alexej »

Hi Jmill!

I've simply created the directory "Demo" (not demo or DEMO, is case sensitive!) on the root of a USB NTFS formatted key.
Then I've copied the videos I wanted as demo!

What kind of TV are you working on?

P.S. Sorry for the one month of waiting...
thedishking

Post by thedishking »

Hello!
Thank you for posting this information.

Can you please give details as to how you deleted default content?

I was able to get content to load and play, but I don't know how to remove it once it is loaded.

Thanks!!!!!!

Jerry

Return to “[K] Support”