Change region to enable PVR UN65KS8500

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Jgoedhard

Change region to enable PVR UN65KS8500

Post by Jgoedhard »

I'm trying to change the region to enable PVR.
because I live Canada by default PVR function is disabled. My two options for region are US and KOR in the extended service menu.

Is it ok to change the region to KOR?

Should I change TV TYPE?
brandon

Re: Change region to enable PVR UN65KS8500

Post by brandon »

I live in the US and had the Caribbe region. I chose that, and PVR works fine. You may be able to try the KOR region to enable. Note that it is not enough to change the region, but you must also enable the setting. Other forums tell how to do this.
Jgoedhard

Re: Change region to enable PVR UN65KS8500

Post by Jgoedhard »

PVR Enabled Finally

Their is two different service menus. There is the regular one and extended. The regular one can be access using a standard remote. The extended service menu can be activated using a factory remote or playing a WAV file with a IR LED. By the way the regular service menu looks exactly the same as the extended service menu. I couldn't change regions accessing the regular service menu as I needed to access the extended service menu then all my options were there and accessible. I found this information out by watching a YouTube video several times where he mentioned once that he needed to go into the extended service menu using either a factory remote or a wav file with IR LED method.

It would have been a lot more easier if some stuff were spoon-fed to you but they are not.

Please note that time shifting is only available if you activate it and it does not happen automatically which would of been nice I'd it was.

Another note would be the caption breaks when you pause a recorded show. The only way to get caption back that I know of is to unpause your show and then skip back while playing and your caption will Begin Again.

I'm not sure if contacting Samsung about this issue would do anything since it's not supported in Canada or the US and I don't know about Mexico.

If anyone's wondering if they can record a show while watching a show, the answer is no. If you scheduled a show to be recorded and you go to Netflix to play a show and your show that's being recorded starts up you'll be in for a surprise thst the tv will pause your Netflix and tune into the recorded show but then you can go back to your Netflix and it will resume your show that was playing in Netflix.

Return to “[K] Support”