Bricked TV?

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

fahad96

Bricked TV?

Post by fahad96 »

Please help me!
I went into the service menu using IR Service App and accidentally changed the model from uku6000 to uks7000. Now my TV boots but it doesn't respond to the remote nor to the IR Service App. The screen is stuck on the page "Connect one box to TV" I can't even enter any other menus . please help
TV model:ua43ku7000
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Bricked TV?

Post by juusso »

If you unplug tv from wall for 5 min and then try to enter to service menu. Will tv respond?

Otherwise - eeprom reset will help. But... we do not know its location... problem...

If nothng helps....You should contact local service and claim for warranty. Sure, keep in mind you have to swear you do not know why your tv bricked.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
fahad96

Post by fahad96 »

No it doesn't respond!!. I brought it from Dubai to India. And India doesn't provide international warranty so I'm in a fix. Is there any DIY method?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Search forum for eeprom reset.
Method helps for such cases, but first you have to identify eeprom chip. It usualy is 8-leg chip, located on mainboard and as the rule, it is atmel. But i have no idea where it is located in onebox... moreover, mainboard in onebox is covered with some allu heatsink, you have to remove it too. But for re-assembling you will need heatsink-pasta to get it working properly.

Read forum. Check pictures and try understand what do you need. No other way.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

For clarification:
- No K has mainboard in OneConnect Box, KS>=7000 are provided with "mini" version containing only tuner(s) and aside plugs. Board is in TV.
- Other (lower) models don't have any box at all, and that's why such model change to unexpected higher cause TV to be stuck on its request.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Hmm, this changes the game. I was not awared off this model comes without oneconnect. Image

@fahad69, these are good news for you! You have just to open back cover and take high resolution pictures for us. We will try to find proper chip remotely :)
Sometimes removal of whole mainboard is required.

fahad96

Post by fahad96 »

Thanks for the reply guys. Do u guys suggest to do eeprom reset or to to show it to the service centre. Are there any chances of doing any more damage to the TV by eeprom reset.? Also like you flash the mobiles when they brick, can TV's too be flashed thorough pc or laptop?
Thanks again!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Worst case you fry mainboard and realize replacing it is another option (that's what "service centre" would do...)
No, can't be flashed by another device.
fahad96

Post by fahad96 »

Okay will go ahead and post the pic . Just to be ready incase which cable should I use for shortening the pins?
Thanks again for your help!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

A conductive cable I'd say :mrgreen:

Return to “[K] Support”