Dead LCD or TCON? UE32K5572SUXXH

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

KaEM
SamyGO Project Donor

Dead LCD or TCON? UE32K5572SUXXH

Post by KaEM »

Hi everyone,

few days ago (unfortunately cca 2 weeks after guarantee expired :() while watching TV, there suddenly appears purple (or pink?) glitches/vertical lines on screen (see attached photo) 10 cm from top border. I have done some research and find out that it can be either defective LCD panel (the worst case) or bad TCON board (the better case) and if there are horizontal lines it is always dead LCD, but as you can see on the photo lines are vertical. If it would be TCON, I can buy new on e-bay or somewhere and replace by myself, but I am not sure if it would help and TV can be repaired. Can anyone confirm or help in any way with diagnostics? Thanks in advance.

TV model UE32K5572SUXXH

PS: if needed I can take a better photos or video...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Dead LCD or TCON? UE32K5572SUXXH

Post by juusso »

I would check flat cable connection from mainboard to TCON and from TCON to LCD first. Can be issue in connection.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
KaEM
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Dead LCD or TCON? UE32K5572SUXXH

Post by KaEM »

Why there would be a connection issue, if the TV was not manipulated since purchase? After unboxing it was standing there all over 2 years...

Ok so today i disassembled it, checked all flat cables as you advised and reconnected each one. Did not help :(
Then I try to switch on TV with left/right cable from TCON -> LCD disconnected to check the LCD. The result was that one half of screen was completely white.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[K] Support”