Language in Primary and Secondary Subtitle

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

prontoo

Language in Primary and Secondary Subtitle

Post by prontoo »

Hi,

Anyone can help me with selecting Primary and Secondary Subtitle in Accessibility menu? I have Samsung 55KS9002. I can't to select Macedonian Language in Primary and Secondary Subtitle in Accessibility menu, it is not listed. Is there any way to insert new Language in this list?

In current list are present this languages: Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Gaelic, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Valencian, Welsh.

But no Macedonian :(
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Language in Primary and Secondary Subtitle

Post by zoelechat »

Country codes are hardcoded in firmware so you can only complain to Samsung and tell them you exist if they care. Maybe they only have old World maps :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
prontoo

Post by prontoo »

zoelechat wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:25 pm Country codes are hardcoded in firmware so you can only complain to Samsung and tell them you exist if they care. Maybe they only have old World maps :)
Is there any possibility to add new language it if I root my TV?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Theoretically surely but no idea how, would probably require much pain in the ass digging. At least that's not a feature we offer.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

prontoo wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:40 pm Is there any possibility to add new language it if I root my TV?
zoelechat wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 pm Theoretically surely but no idea how, would probably require much pain in the ass digging. At least that's not a feature we offer.
Easiest would be to root TV and replace one of languages with desired one. If you want to translate root tv and we can give you more info :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
prontoo

Post by prontoo »

sectroyer wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:29 am
prontoo wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:40 pm Is there any possibility to add new language it if I root my TV?
zoelechat wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 pm Theoretically surely but no idea how, would probably require much pain in the ass digging. At least that's not a feature we offer.
Easiest would be to root TV and replace one of languages with desired one. If you want to translate root tv and we can give you more info :)
OK. But now I have firmware 1231.1. Is it possible to root this firmware? My TV is Samsung 55KS9002
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

prontoo wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:54 pm OK. But now I have firmware 1231.1. Is it possible to root this firmware? My TV is Samsung 55KS9002
Wrong question. Do not ask if it "is possible" but rather ask "will it be possible". The answer is yes :) All firmwares (after time passes) are rootable :) I do NOT support "recent fw" at all :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[K] Support”