Disable digital image processing algorithm in TV

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

szt

Disable digital image processing algorithm in TV

Post by szt »

I tried to use TV (UE32K5502) as computer monitor, connected it using HDMI cable, but it corrupt some stuff, and text are hard to read. Looks like TV using some filter (Digital Image Processing). For example, if put single black pixel on white surface and try to display this on TV, it will display it like if it was square from 4 pixel. And other similar corruption. Check provided screenshot. It is possible to disable this shit in regular or in service menu?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Disable digital image processing algorithm in TV

Post by zoelechat »

It looks more like resolution is not native TV one (artefacts seem to be always on same rows/cols). Did you try to setup different one, e.g 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080? I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung lied on low end/small size panel true definition :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
szt

Post by szt »

Yes, it's looks like image scaling problem.Other resolutions (of those that can be selected) also have some issues (sometimes one pixel displayed like two pixel etc). How to find out native matrix resolution in pixels?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If they voluntarily cheat definition, I see nothing but count pixels :D (or try some "approach" given doubled or cropped pixels at sight).
I think should be one of standard 16:9 resolutions though (=one supported by TV).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[K] Support”