UE40D7000 change LOCAL SET for Netflix subtitles

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mark21

UE40D7000 change LOCAL SET for Netflix subtitles

Post by mark21 »

Hi!

My old tv D7000, i try everything on it, root, widgets, oscam (without dvbapi) and now want to watch Netflix..

Until few days the tv was rooted with firmware 1015 i think, but no netflix app appear.

I decided to make a firmware update to 1033_2 , last one to receiver netflix app.

All ok after firmware update, neflix app appear but i can choose Romanian subtitles from the app, only English, Polish, Turkish and German.

On the PC with the same account, Netflix has Romanian subtitles on several series.

I try to change smart hub country area with 2-3 different zone, but same problem, same subtitles received.

I check in the service menu and i saw on option Local Set is EUR_TURKEY and can't be changed. (it;s grey)
I remember from the past, this option can be changed with Germany, Austria, Turkey or OTHER (no others country's to choose)

Can anybody tell me how can i proceed to change Local Set or to make a firmware downgrade ? i have T-GAPDEUC_1018.0 and T-GAPDEUC_1031.1 but from usb stick when i try Software update it's not working, No available updates..

Thank you!
mickbanane
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: UE40D7000 change LOCAL SET for Netflix subtitles

Post by mickbanane »

Hi,

Not sure that it is the cause of your problem. If you want to do it anyway, you need to go to the extended service menu.
I did it on my UE46D7000. There are different ways to do it. I used a smartphone with a built-in IR transmitter and this app:
https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10405
Search the forum or the wiki for other solutions.

Good luck.
mark21

Post by mark21 »

i didn't find any smartphone with IR..

i can enter with my remote in Service menu, but it's still grey that option..

There is a change to make an firmaware downgrade to root again the tv ?
jumanji

Post by jumanji »

Hi mark21,
Hopefully you have fixed already, but just in case: did you tried to make the changes in your Netflix account on your computer?
I live in Denmark and my wife (and me of course) want to have indeed the same romanian subtitles. First of all I created my account in danish and after that I was able to switch in romanian with right subtitles...
Of course, not all movies have all languages subtitles.
Good luck!
mark21

Post by mark21 »

solved with IR Service remote in Samsung Galaxy S6

thanks!
mark21

Post by mark21 »

with Local SET to EUR, menu in Romanian, smarhub in Romanian, NO subtitle appear in Netflix app..in Romanian, only English, Turkish, Hungarian, German..,

On the laptop, Romanian appear, same movies..

Return to “[D] Support”