[App] libAmbiLight E/F/H (MST-only)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

adonis
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by adonis »

Status update:
Hey guys, thank you for your interest into this project. I really appreciate your help.
Since this is a side-project, I hope you will understand, that I can't work 24/7 on it.

As of right now, it looks like it only works with H-series. I've only used code snippets from libScreenshot, which grab uncompressed pixel-data. Since it worked for me, I assumed that it will work for all. Now, as we've seen, this doesn't work on E/F-series, and they crash. So, I have to re-implement the method, that grabs the compressed data, and try to decompress it with the solution provided by WarLLe.

I can't provide you with an estimate time, when it's going to be released, since I'm self-employed and have client-projects to finish first ;-) I hope, that I can at least provide you with some status-updates every 2 weeks or so.

If there's someone out there who's willing to help, you're welcome ;-)

Cheers ;-)
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

Thank you for your efforts, we will wait no problem!
Actually what is the problem causing it per my understanding bug in libscreenshot for e/f or technical impossibility for raw output for e/f.
If is a bug we can ask Zoel for help.
The other dev of j framebuffer will not build lib but I hope he can help with some guidelines how to build it for e/f.
I found several interesting findings

http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1644

http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=963

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

bobiturboto wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 am Actually what is the problem causing it per my understanding bug in libscreenshot for e/f or technical impossibility for raw output for e/f.
I developed lib first on E and I'm able to confirm all RAW/BMP -as well as all other- features are working there.
bobiturboto wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 am The other dev of j framebuffer will not build lib but I hope he can help with some guidelines how to build it for e/f.
It's like asking to build Windows stuff for DOS, can't talk about only "build" :)
bobiturboto wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 am I found several interesting findings
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1644
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=963
B series... OSD only...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

Thank you for your answer.
Do you have any idea why we have problems with raw and F series?

About the "build"/port the app for J, I got your point but buying a new TV only for one app is expensive and worthless from my point of view.
At the end we are using samygo because of the provided functionalities not because we are big fans of Samsung products.
I think my F8000 has enough hardware to run Ambilight for J if somebody is kind to port it.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well I don't remember any issue were reported on F... In my mind there was some on H but I don't remember if it was about ALT, JPG or whatever. Would be worth to read whole lib thread but I'm lazy...
Maybe some accurate code had been lost during "cleanup" :?:
Actually I had stopped at a point where everybody (=all concerned series) were able to make at least some screenshot using one of proposed methods, and in no way I ever intended lib for any "realtime" usage: it's likely that there are smarter ways to do for that purpose.
If really there's a problem with F it's probably because I never owned any, therefore I've not been able to make tests as I'd have liked to. My advice would be: go go IDA :)
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

Thank you anyway.
The problem is only jpg screenshots can be created the raw are empty/black files.
Yes you are right at the end will be IDA.
I will ask bugficks for the source code I hope he will share it.
But my c++ knowledge is very limited, I guess I should learn it eventhough I not so enthusiastic :-)

WarLLe
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by WarLLe »

adonis wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:09 pm Status update:
Hey guys, thank you for your interest into this project. I really appreciate your help.
Since this is a side-project, I hope you will understand, that I can't work 24/7 on it.

As of right now, it looks like it only works with H-series. I've only used code snippets from libScreenshot, which grab uncompressed pixel-data. Since it worked for me, I assumed that it will work for all. Now, as we've seen, this doesn't work on E/F-series, and they crash. So, I have to re-implement the method, that grabs the compressed data, and try to decompress it with the solution provided by WarLLe.

I can't provide you with an estimate time, when it's going to be released, since I'm self-employed and have client-projects to finish first ;-) I hope, that I can at least provide you with some status-updates every 2 weeks or so.

If there's someone out there who's willing to help, you're welcome ;-)

Cheers ;-)
Hi,
nice to hear that you are willing to help us so don't worry about the time :)
I would like to help but im not a professional coder.
I didn't understand how to get an environment setup for compiling the source code. I am sure it's not that difficult.
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

The environment is easy enough. Go to docker hub and search for samygo. I have created an image there with toolchain and everything for building oscam or whatever you want.

WarLLe
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by WarLLe »

bobiturboto wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:37 pm The environment is easy enough. Go to docker hub and search for samygo. I have created an image there with toolchain and everything for building oscam or whatever you want.

Well,
thank you sir that's pretty easy.

EDIT:
Tested the compiling with some given source code like libScreenshot or libText.
Whenever i try to compile some Software for TV it comes up to that point of error in compile process:

Code: Select all

util.h: Assembler messages:
util.h:71: Error: no such instruction: `bx LR'
started the compiling with following command:

Code: Select all

make CROSS=/opt/toolchain/arm/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
Do I miss something? :?:
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

BX LR is unknown to x86... Not CROSS but CC is used by Makefile, a quick look at it easily tells :)

Return to “[H] Software”