K series service manual? Does it exist? Why cant I find it anywhere on the internet?

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

Ltxslrbf

K series service manual? Does it exist? Why cant I find it anywhere on the internet?

Post by Ltxslrbf »

"Happy" owner of a un49ks8000fxza and looking for a service manual for my tele. Wondering if it even exists. Also needing advice or a list of codes to bring up different white balance displays. I know about the mute 1 4 7 mute but that's not what I need to calibrate the hdmi. Or is this a lost cause?
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: K series service manual? Does it exist? Why cant I find it anywhere on the internet?

Post by notengo13 »

try this service manual for UE65KS9000T
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
Ltxslrbf

Re: K series service manual? Does it exist? Why cant I find it anywhere on the internet?

Post by Ltxslrbf »

Yeah....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Yeah.... If you had checked earlier that's what you'd have got.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Ltxslrbf

Post by Ltxslrbf »

So, to be 100% clear there is absolutely no model specific manual in existence for the 49ks8000fxza? I have to compare and contrast and guess at some of the settings? I'm just trying to be as informed as possible about my model and I find it hard to believe that no one has ever seen anything related to a ks8000 service manual. There has to be one out there somewhere......... thanks for the manual btw as it mostly helps what I'm doing
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

KS9000 is curved KS8000, no more :)
And thanks to that 3rd party website to "leak" a bunch of service manuals Samsung won't provide to end user...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Ltxslrbf

Post by Ltxslrbf »

Ok, thanks for the clarity and help. Btw was mostly looking for my tuner type, as I cannot seem to find any channels for about 2 months. Lost internet connectivity so I had to factory reset the tv. Then was unable to download the terms and conditions for about a week, after all that was settled I resumed enjoying my set. Then suddenly out of the blue hulu (my live tv viewing route) and spotify were deemed unsupported and subsequently deleted. I've intermittently been trying to find channels because hey you never know, right? Turns out that practice proved to be more useful than I would have guessed, except for I cant find anything. Played with the tuner noise margin a bit and noticed no matter what I set it at the tuner type reverts back to s_tc2, which doesn't seem right given the type specified in the manual. I'm clueless and beginning to wonder if I'm going insane
Ltxslrbf

Post by Ltxslrbf »

Let me also clarify that the lost internet connection was because there was a disconnect in the ability to rectify a mac address 😳 which turned out to be that the connection type was somehow changed from wifi_int to wired. Still trying to figure out who or what did that 🤔
Ltxslrbf

Post by Ltxslrbf »

Short of getting out my leads, pooping the back panel off, and testing the connections to see if the module is any good, I'm stumped. I was really hoping to not have to do that, and be able to sell this unit next month when I get my tax return and go purchase a Sony model instead. I loved samsung for their idea of smart home and all, but I'm growing ever so frustrated with their lack of accountability, horrid customer service, and inability to see things through. I was even given the runaround when I called the service department to add my tv back into my things under my profile because its 4 years old and was literally told by the representative "well, just buy a new one, I mean its only 2000 dollars, I see you have the note 10+.... (long silence as my mouth sits wide open gaping in pure disbelief).... you should have that lying around somewhere." That was my ultimate f*ck Samsung moment. Also was pretty peeved when I inquired about the screen mirroring issues and was told they have never offered that service, he had no clue what I was talking about, and I must be delusional.
Ltxslrbf

Post by Ltxslrbf »

***UPDATE***

So I had had enough and after diving into the settings, tweaking a lot of things back to normal, and realizing that Samsung, it seems, purposefully tried to kill the functionality of my set by overloading the circuits CONSISTENTLY with almost double the voltage it could handle, changing the way in which chips receive, interpret, and send data to the next (my values were almost double everything, and values in which it a 1 or 0 (binary) or 1-4 for selecting which type or pin,s) a signal is routed to I called them and asked what the hell that was all for? This was all done before I had ever told them I knew about the other options because internet...but that point is moot. I'll upload the screenshots on a little while because they were appalling. Also why is it apparently impossible to white balance the tv and why dont any of the reps know what a calibration is?

Return to “[K] General”