[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

manas83

Re: [ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by manas83 »

witom wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:35 am
Does this support "USB free root"? (without the need of an usb stick attached)
i don't think so

ABID
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ABID »

Hi, I have Samsung F Series TV, UE46F6670, Which i rooted using this method, can you please advise how can i access network drive (i plugged hdd into my router), after rooting TV it shows vit. usb in source list, can someone please help how to mount the network attached hdd this virtual usb. many thanks

noahjoseph
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by noahjoseph »

Does the Root still work on the newest firmware Update (2023.0) ? Anyone tested out?

danielgrant007

Post by danielgrant007 »

hello,

is there something i can check or test in order to get it work? still have only the first three lines ok the rest red and nok.

thanks
david

fluffi444
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by fluffi444 »

noahjoseph wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 pm
Does the Root still work on the newest firmware Update (2023.0) ? Anyone tested out?
Good point. Untill now I didn't even know that there is one :-). Running 2022 and root works (with non-usb "skype replacement" mihd version).

But I would follow the simple and often mentionen rule: Do not upgrade firmware!
I did the 2022 update years ago only because of network issues that days. If I remember correcrtly older FW prevent smart hub working correctly with famous "ERROR_MODEL_BIND" message.

Especially for our old rigs I don't belive that there are "improvements" (were there ever? :mrgreen: ) - Only new limitations are introduced imho.
But who knows as we never get any changelogs from samsung...
TV: UE40ES7000 @ UE40ES8090 - T-ECPDEUC-2022.0 // SamyGO
CI+: Unicam EVO 4 with HD+ (HD02) @ Pacific 4.60
NET: Samba: PC

OddbOd

Post by OddbOd »

I can also confirm that root is still working fine on recent firmware.

Just make sure you follow the instructions precisely and pay attention to the the "tricks" mentioned by Sectroyer under the Preliminaries section. It didn't work first try on my F series running T-MST12UABC-2142.0 but after a couple of attempts the widget showed up in SmartHub and installed just fine.

Just to be clear - I AM NOT RECOMMENDING UPGRADING YOUR FIRMWARE, EVER - however there is a difference between root doesn't work on new firmware and SamyGO developers will not help if you choose to try.

Return to “[F] Software”