[How-To] Roll back LExxB5xx, LExxB62x, UExxB6xxx

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: [How-To] Roll back LExxB5xx, LExxB62x, UExxB6xxx

Post by erdem_ua »

With rollback, we can use ExLink port again which is disabled on latest firmwares. W'ithout it, you can't root your TV.
B550,B620 and 6000 doesn't have Ethernet port, so we cannot drop shell of TV via telnet.
Also ExLink connection gives us Debug Menu, that you can enable movie player of TV from this menu without firmware change...
frmys

Post by frmys »

juuso thanks a lot.
I have successfully completed firmware rollback to 2008 with your instructions on my B550. Tested and confirmed ;)

My story is :

I had samygo patched 2008 firmware on tv and updated with 2009 version on february. Later i did not update to any 2009 or 2010 series firmware for not deleting the 2008 alternative firmware or prevent an other samsung trick which will perminantly blok all revert operations . You know there were severel sub versions of 2009 and 2010 firmware on samsung firmware page and later dissapered or new dated releases put on the download page.

I followed step 2 and 3 and now i have 2008 firmware with AR fix and big subtitles. ( I did not use step 1 but everything worked fine, maybe other poeple might need to folow that step too.)

Now can i have a chance to use network capabilities? I've tried

http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=577
and wiki page
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=E ... es_Devices

but ended with Bad magic number message. I can also wait if it can be implemented into the exe.img ( i do not know if this is possible) and have it via normal update procedure. Maybe some other detailed files and steps as you have already written might my helpful for me.

Small note for you: i understand that it is really hard to explain and make a clear and easy understandable steps for this kind of operations. Next time please try to use different names on the files. Make your own file naming way. There are many 2008, 2010.1 .... , alternative, old, updated ....so can make normal user get confused and lost their way. You can use someting like " file1.exe , file2.rar , Folder5 " etc.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Oh... i will think about your notice... thanks :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You can find whole info about ExLink on wiki.
You need ExLink cable + usb to serial adapter.
ExLink Stereo Jack gets in to Service port on TVs back side.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

czerv,

1. Download file
2. download T-CHL5DEUC-2008 (original or patched, you can`t use included in step3, with is patched +arfixv2 hardcoded, because it is decrypted)
3. go to step2 and copy files from/image:u-boot.bin, fnw.bin, Image to your USB disk T-CHL5DEUC/image
4. Navigate over menu to SoftwareUpgrade and pres upgrade over USB.

This manual does not work for your 2008 version because you have unrestricted firmware.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Bad magic number means you haven`t got any success... You should have TV booted until console without errors.
But you have u-boot, so if your kernel does not work or brick TV, you repair it from u-boot. Make dump of your TV first.
Attach USB and execute this script:
dump_b6000.rar
Be patient, wait until you get TV dump is done successfully!

Oh, you have already reflashed kernel ;)

Yes, do the step3 after you have dumps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[B] Firmware”