[App] PVR+ v1.xx - 2.xx by geo650

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

marcelru
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Record TV over USB

Post by marcelru »

Thanks, geo650.

grtz,

marcelr
rnemec
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by rnemec »

Hi! First "beta" version of czech translation can be downloaded here (cannot add attachment directly here on this forum). Tested (not much) on LE37B650, fw 2005. The file needs to be unpacked to directory, where the other language files (messages_*.txt) resides.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

geo650 wrote:Hello!
You can download PVR+ 1.3 (with source code included)
http://www.2shared.com/file/N_uuCHYw/PVRplus__v13_.html
(external link because I couldn't upload to SamyGO Files)
List of changes: see README.TXT
Why you have the permissions.
I move the file...
geo650

Post by geo650 »

rnemec wrote:Hi! First "beta" version of czech translation can be downloaded...
Thank you. This file will be added to the nearest update of PVR+. As well as other language files.
faarao wrote:Hello,

first post here. Great app! I ...when I try to go record menu pressing Menu + Record, nothing show up ...
Thanks.
Please read README.TXT. The reason might be there are subtitles enabled. Please turn subtitles OFF (using SUBT. button).
If the remote becomes unresponsible, press EXIT (to exit invisible PVR+ Settings menu). I am not able to remove this bug at the moment.
erdem_ua wrote:
geo650 wrote:(external link because I couldn't upload to SamyGO Files)
Why you have the permissions.
I move the file...
It started uploading, then after a few seconds it failed. I tried several times. Maybe there was no free space or something? The error message didn't explain the reason. Thanks for uploading. I will try again with next update... sometime.
mattberlin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mattberlin »

Hey guys,

I really like the menu that comes with the present PVR versions. But I still have two problems.

1) How to define a specific folder which is used for recording. With an older version 0.10.1 I could easily define a folder

2) The TV won't play recorded videos. With the old version 0.10.1 this is possible (at least when samygopvr 0.10.1 is running)

Best regards
Matthias
my TV: LE32B679
geo650

Post by geo650 »

mattberlin wrote:Hey guys,

I really like the menu that comes with the present PVR versions. But I still have two problems.

1) How to define a specific folder which is used for recording. With an older version 0.10.1 I could easily define a folder

2) The TV won't play recorded videos. With the old version 0.10.1 this is possible (at least when samygopvr 0.10.1 is running)

Best regards
Matthias
SamyGoPVR and PVR+ are two different applications. PVR+ is not the successor of SamyGoPVR.
So please precise which application is your question about.
As an author of PVR+ ( :oops: one of) I can answer only for this release. I even didn't look into SamyGoPVR source files (yet).

1) In PVR+ you can specify destination drive (target, pendrive, HDD...) and all recordings are stored in the root directory or in DVR1, DVR2,... DVR9 subdirectories (if exist). You cannot specify any directory. BUT... you can create a script that will mount any subdirectory as your destination one. That script can be run before recording. Here is an example of mounting CIFS share:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

SERVER="192.168.0.2"
SHARE="SHARED_DIRECTORY"
USER="username"
PASS="password"
SUBDIR="/mtd_wiselink/MOVIE001"

insmod /mtd_rwarea/cifs.ko
mkdir -p $SUBDIR
mount -o user=$USER,password=$PASS -t cifs //$SERVER/$SHARE $SUBDIR
Of course, please do not use this code above without understanding.

Another example (much simpler, not tested):

Code: Select all

mkdir /mtd_wiselink/MOVIE001
mount /dtv/usb/sda1/your/subdir /mtd_wiselink/MOVIE001
...and record to MOVIE001.

2) I suppose this is a bug of MediaPlay because clips are played well on PC/Windows, but I didn't test SamyGOPVR yet. After testing and comparing recorded clips I will think about it.
EDIT: after quick tests of SamyGoPVR 0.10.2 I can see no difference between PVR+ and SamyGoPVR recordings. All of them are played in MediaPlay. Some of them (from the same channels) are silent.

kozzie wrote:Hi this looks so good.

However I cant start the app I get 'Application cannot be started!.
Under what conditions does appear ? I have a LA40B650 running 2009/09/21_002001 firmware
See loader.c and injector() function. This function fails. Maybe this version of firmware hasn't one of required function built-in exeDSP.
CHECK DEBUG LOG: see "/mtd_ram/PVRplus_debug.log" file after error message.
baco81

Post by baco81 »

baco81 wrote:Hello GEO650,
Can we expect to have a PVR+ version with support for the built-in timer feature of our TV? Yes, I am thinking about scheduling recordings :)
Thanks!
geo650 wrote:Sorry, I can't do this because exeDSP is still closed-source back-box. I need know-how. There are many questions to be answered. What about creating a list of developer's questions?
I have something in mind... Can the date and time be read from the EPG (or even from the TV itself)??

If so, we may try to schedule recordings in a two steps process:
1) We set an auto-start time, auto-off time and channel through the built-in timer feature.
2) We run the PVR+ setup and set the same date and time that we did in step 1. Then, the PVR+ application keeps reading the date and time from the EPG and if it matchs the time we set, it auto-starts recording.

Of course, new code should be developed to be able to perform the second step. I don't know a thing about programming, so it could be unrealistic... :?:

Take care and let me know what do you think!!
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX

Return to “[B] Software”