[How-To] Roll back LExxB5xx, LExxB62x, UExxB6xxx

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [How-To] Roll back LExxB5xx, LExxB62x, UExxB6xxx

Post by juusso »

If you did everything correct, you should have normal operating TV. Might something went not normal way?
Is the cable ok?
Are the connection settings ok?
Didn`t you get any error during procedure?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
e3xtreme

Post by e3xtreme »

Hi thx for the answer... it was the cable it had a broken gnd wire.... I will try again the whole procedure.... thx in advance
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you need only steeps where ExLink is required. Don`t do everything from scratch.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

frmys

Post by frmys »

I have succesfully rollback from 2009 firmware on my B550. When i switched back to safe 2008 firmware , i have installed 2003 and 1018 firmware to get rid of 2009 firmware also from "Alternative Software" part as well. When i install 1018 firmware it changes menu colors ( tv gui) to Red and also resets all the values in service menu.

I was using 1018 firmware when i need a complete reset ( all user settings + service menu settings). This worked many times but now it is not working anymore. The tv menu gui is not set to red and service menu values remain unchanged. I have installed 2009 firmware and followed firmware roll back instructions but still 1018 firmware does not make the chances as before ( gui change + reset normal user settings + full reset to all user modified values in service menu)

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I`m sorry, i haven`t understood what`s wrong with your TV?

frmys

Post by frmys »

When i install a firmware , some parts from previos version still remains in tv memory. When i try to update 1018 firmware , the update process is completed succesfully and the tv shows version 1018 but the ARFix V2 from your specially prepared firmware is still in the memory. Also the user and service menu settings are not reset after firmware update.

A few months ago this was possible and whenever i install 1018 firmware , all settings ( user picture settings , normal service menu settings , advanced service menu settings) is reset to original values.

So i was using 1018 version , same way as a we use "computer format disk". When ever i want to reset tv , i was udating to 1018 firmware and i get all values to default /factory settings. There is "factory reset" option in servise menu but it does not reset all settings to default values. Even Eeprom Erase does not reset all settings. Some settings always remain unchanged. Only updating to 1018 firmware was a good/efective/full reset action.

I was understanding that there is full settings reset , because 1018 firmware chances the tv gui from "Simple" to "Red". This was a simple indicator , also all the changed values in service menu was reset to orginal values ( including the Advanced part values). I used 1018 fimrware 2-3 times when i wanted to reset all settings to default but somehow it is not giving the same results as before.

As a conclusion, my problem is i can not make full/perfect firmware update , there are some settings and files from previous firmware remaining.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No, you cant use this, your tv is CI+

Return to “[B] Firmware”