How root C750 T-VALDEUC 3006.2

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

How root C750 T-VALDEUC 3006.2

Post by andbir »

I promised a friend I'd take a look at installing SamyGo on his LE46C750R2K/XXU with firmware T-VALDEUC-3006.2 (it also says T-VAL8DEUS-1005 in one menus) but have accomplished nothing in hours, totally stuck. Me myself am a long-time SamyGO user on my UE46b7070 and nothing about the instructions in the various wiki pages on hacking the C-series daunted me... but i still can't get anything to work.

- News widget hack to write to EXT3-formatted usbstick: Installs and executes but does not put a file on the usb stick
Internet@TV hack to run widget that writes a .sh file (to be modified) on the usb stick - "hack tool" complains about some path that it is not able to parse
Hotel hack - when the time comes to read back from the USB stick it says it cant read it. Writing a new hotel config to the same stick immediately afterwards in the same session works without complaint. Tried two different Sandisks sticks (one cruzer extreme and one titanium) same result.

Any pointers where to go from here?

Thanks
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: How root C750 T-VALDEUC 3006.2

Post by andbir »

Latest FW seems to be 3011.0 (12 dec 2011)
Taliq

Post by Taliq »

andbir wrote:Writing a new hotel config to the same stick immediately afterwards in the same session works without complaint. Tried two different Sandisks sticks (one cruzer extreme and one titanium) same result.
You have to change the path in "T-VALDEUC/Clone/Clone.dat" depending on the USB slot you're using.
I think it's "/mtd_rwarea/../dtv/usb/sda2/link0/mtd_rwarea/../dtv/usb/sda2/link1". You have to change both "sda2" to "sda1" (for first slot) or "sdb1" (for second slot).
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

Sweet, will try immediately.
Would it be safe to upgrade to 3011.0, will SamyGo hacking still work?
Taliq

Post by Taliq »

The way I described worked for me with firmware 3011.
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

Sweet, got telnet access first; then upgraded to 3011.0 and didn't have to do anything, telnet access still worked.
Seems most of the rcSGO stuff doesn't run (because it's an ARMv7?) but mapping virutal usb drives to the NAS should work fine now.

The C750 does not have a content/game menu and i cannot see any way of installing @internet applications from the usb.
Any chance of installing Netsurf on this TV? Via develop/widget upgrade?

Found the trident-version of a netsurf+some games package meant for the C550 but i figure this wouldn't install, or at least i don't know how to do it since there is no game/content menu.

As I have come to understand it, a widget is quite a different thing compared to a content/game menu item, or am i wrong?

(Can't really believe there is no internet browser widget what with all other widgets that exist....)
plasticassius

Post by plasticassius »

rcSGO and SamyGO definitely work on T-VALDEUC. There must be something about your configuration. On the other hand, the Netsurf browser does not work, nor is there any browser I know of that does on this TV.

Return to “[C] Support”