Record TV with PVR+ and a CI+ module inserted

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

samybill

Record TV with PVR+ and a CI+ module inserted

Post by samybill »

Somehow it is impossible to record TV with PVR+ with a CI+ module inserted :!:
as discussed in the forum PVR+ 3.0

CI+ seems to work like trojan horse:
The provider is able to limit your possibilities by software updates of the cam module.
See this (german)video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvroR8cN6To

The problem is the CI+ mudule

A challenge for software developers to hack the CI+ :!:
I think

The challenge is f.i. to fool the cam module, mayby by porting the signal somehow to the DVB-T receiver if there is any.

The reason why I'm suggesting this is because on my pc I have the Anysee E30 combo plus with a smartcard of the same provider(Ziggo).
http://anysee.com/eng/product/anyseeE30_main.php

However I am able to record with Windows Mediacenter, but the DVB-C signal is configured as an emulation of DVB-T

So:
I hope some software developers will be inspired by this :idea: :idea: :idea:

Aspecialy german and dutch members are invited to attend this forum for in these countries the problem seemes to occure
LE40B652 CI+ Firmware 2006.0 unpatched
cable TV , DVB-C over CI+
majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Record TV with PVR+ and a CI+ module inserted

Post by majonezz »

There was an successful attempt to do so, but it was done with NEOTION Conax CAS 7 CI+ module (TNK HD). It's working well for me. More info at http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f= ... 737#p17737
samybill

Post by samybill »

majonezz wrote:I have LE40B679 which is CI+ with additional satellite tuner, but i guess it does not make any difference.
My CAM is Neotion Conax CAS-7 for N-tv - polish provider.
Try to play with writing values to mentioned above mem area. As sbav1 wrote, we have actual video pid @ 0x30110100 byte (or byte+half-byte?), so it will vary with every channel. Try to figure out what exactly kills the signal. You cannot change last three characters, becouse they store PID. Try to:
-Set TV to some FTA channel with CAM inserted
-Read @ 0x30110100 value
-try to modify value by eating it's left part, but do not change last four characters
For example, if you get 0x141A0A1, try 0x41A0A1.
If signal die, try reboot, then set to same channel and try 0x1A0A1.
If still no success, then probably we have totally diferent CAM's and i have luck that mine works :(
To be honest I don't understand much of what you are writing here. :?:
I am not a hardcore linux scripter and as the discussion in the thread "Record over USB" continued, I had the impression the issue still wasn't solved aspecially the problem of viper3k, of which I have the impression is the same as my problem. :arrow:
LE40B652 CI+ Firmware 2006.0 unpatched
cable TV , DVB-C over CI+
majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by majonezz »

samybill wrote: To be honest I don't understand much of what you are writing here. :?:
I am not a hardcore linux scripter and as the discussion in the thread "Record over USB" continued, I had the impression the issue still wasn't solved aspecially the problem of viper3k, of which I have the impression is the same as my problem. :arrow:
Ok, so let me clarify. My solution solved my problem, so i CAN record encrypted and non-encrypted channels (with CAM inserted of course). Right now i can record every single channel from any DVB source (T, C or S).
Recordings of the ENCRYPTED transmissions are in NON ENCRYPTED form, so they were grabbed after the CAM by PVR app.
In link mentioned above there was another link to compiled binary. The binary was called "regwatch". This binary is for watching mem area at 0x30110100 and modifyng it to switch off CAM protection.
I'm pretty sure, that my solution do not work with many CAM's, but try it first - maybe it will work for you
-Copy regwatch to USB dongle
-Insert the dongle to TV
-Telnet to your TV
-cd to /dtv/usb/.... and find the directory where regwatch is
-set tv to any DVB channel
- run regwatch by typing ./regwatch
- pray to God
If you are lucky, then TV signal won't disappear and now you are able to record something :)

Wish you luck!
Last edited by majonezz on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

some simple content library game could help here... ;)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by majonezz »

But why bother with this C to T change? Common Scrambling Algorithm (CSA) can be used in DVB-T as well. I think the problem is on the transport stream side, apart from media used.

Return to “[B] Support”