PVR or timeshift on virtual usb

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

pepsuncho66

Re: PVR or timeshift on virtual usb

Post by pepsuncho66 »

Hi

on my Samy i am using the two files in the attached zip instead of the three you mentioned. If you want you can give it a try on you own risk. Just copy them to the tv and disable the three you mentioned.
After execution you will have 2 virtual usb drives: first one for PRV and second other things (you can use it or not). To mount a samba share to your second virt usb you should use 'DEST_DIR=$MOUNT_PRV1/smb' in the corresponding init script.

Hope this helps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alvideo

Post by alvideo »

Hi,

timer recording working in NFS sahre ? I tested files (tryThisForPRV.zip), but if i programm put in timer and put it in standby, it does not work. It's only works, if TV is on. (Mine is D6500).
Do you have solution ? (Samygo autostart not help)
pepsuncho66

Post by pepsuncho66 »

No suitable solution until now. The problem is that samygo strats only when smart hub starts (this is the way the hack works).
A workaround could be to first programm your tv to start ca. 10 min before the recording starts and after that to programm turn off ca. 10 min after the recording stops (this method was described somewhere here on d series, but i don't remember where). Somehow too complicated.
another solution: wait for the people from SamyGo release a new hack, which is not loaded from SmartHub.

Return to “[D] Support”