Possible DVD USB reader?

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

sbav1
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Possible DVD USB reader?

Post by sbav1 »

nobange wrote:
sbav1 wrote:I think that's because mount point is in FAT32/VFAT filesystem; try to mount in e.g. /dtv/dvr-mount.
OK, I can try, but then how can I see mounted CD/DVD in mediaplayer?

EDIT: I tryied pendrive with NTFS: it seems the TV mounts NFTS formatted pendrives read only, so VFAT is the only option.
AFAIRC I had 2 partitions on USB drive then (ext3 and vfat). Can't remember which one was /dtv/usb/sda1..
More likely, I first mounted the disc in /dtv/dvr-mount, and then did "mount -o bind ..." .

Another unknown variable is mount version; I probably used mount from (debian armel) busybox_static, or maybe standalone binary from samygo extensions (samsung busybox mount was not working).

Is /dtv/devices/sr0 block device readable? Anything interesting in kernel logs/dmesg output?
samygoomane

Post by samygoomane »

Hi,

I'm trying to get this app working on my LE40B651 with 2005 Firmware. I copied the contents of the zip-file from a FAT32-formatted USB stick (which then had the folder "CD_DVD USB Devices" on it) to the TV memory and connected an external USB-Drive (Sony DRX-S77U) with a DVD in it.

After I launch the app, nothing happens, as far as I can tell. I thought that the Drive should appear in the sources list, am I wrong?
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

It should..I don't know whats wrong. You have better connect to TV from ExLink and see it yourself. Than you could check whats happening.
nordut

Post by nordut »

samygoomane wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to get this app working on my LE40B651 with 2005 Firmware. I copied the contents of the zip-file from a FAT32-formatted USB stick (which then had the folder "CD_DVD USB Devices" on it) to the TV memory and connected an external USB-Drive (Sony DRX-S77U) with a DVD in it.

After I launch the app, nothing happens, as far as I can tell. I thought that the Drive should appear in the sources list, am I wrong?

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
#!SamyGO Mount Eject CD
if [ -d /dtv/usb/sdj1 ]
 then
        if [ $(df | grep -c sr0) = 1 ]
        then
                umount /dtv/devices/sr0
                ./bin/eject -x 1 /dtv/devices/sr0
                sed -i 's/sdj/sdx/g' /dtv/usb/log
                echo  "eject"
        else
                mount -t iso9660 /dtv/devices/sr0 /dtv/usb/sdj1
                sed -i 's/sdx/sdj/g' /dtv/usb/log
                echo "load"
        fi

else
        insmod ./lib/modules/drivers/scsi/sg.ko
        insmod ./lib/modules/drivers/cdrom/cdrom.ko
        insmod ./lib/modules/drivers/scsi/sr_mod.ko
        insmod ./lib/modules/fs/isofs/isofs.ko
        mkdir /dtv/usb/sdj1
        mkdir /dtv/devices
        mknod /dtv/devices/sr0 -m 0660 b 11 0
        mount -t iso9660 /dtv/devices/sr0 /dtv/usb/sdj1
        echo "pierwszy raz"
        echo -e "[sdj]\nVendor : SAMSUNG\nProduct : CD_DVD\nSerial : None\nDevpath : 1\nLun : 0\nMountDir : /dtv/usb/sdj1\nFileSystem : vfat\n">>/dtv/usb/log
fi

exit 0
Remember.
Line
"echo -e "[sdj] ........ \nFilesystem : vfat\n" >>/dtv/usb/log
has to be in line
davidhorman3

Post by davidhorman3 »

Hi all,

I'd love to be able to use this app, but I can't get it to work, and it's not clear to me what the procedure is. I have a USB DVD drive, and also a USB pendrive attached. When I run the app (from TV memory) the disc spins up like it's trying to mount it, but I don't see any new folders in the pendrive (which is where it should mount, right?). Can anyone help?

When I run the app a second time the disc spins again instead of ejecting as it should.

I have a series 7 LED TV.

David
davidhorman3

Post by davidhorman3 »

Some progress... after fixing the split line in telnet.sh the TV now recognises the new device (USB2: CD_DVD) but when I try to browse it thinks it is 10mb only and doesn't find any files...

Also it still doesn't eject on second run.

Can anyone help?

David

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”