Samsung D503 doesn't play video from USB

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

LGJamster

Re: Samsung D503 doesn't play video from USB

Post by LGJamster »

CHRISBLOG wrote:Need D503 LCD type please!

Being an Idiot and not reading all the posts properly, I accidentally changed the LCD type... I know its 40 something... <shaking my own head in shame> In my attempt to undo my error I switched the set off but unfortunately the type is changed as soon as you navigate through the different types...

Could someone with a d503 please let me know their LCD type (its In the Service Menu select Option, above Model) and beging with 40...

Thanks in advance!!!
I did the same thing, just in case you're still stuck I found this helpful http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led- ... laced.html

SAMSUNG LCD TV
How to read matrix Type 40A1UF0C ?
40 - Inch
A - Vendor (A - Samsung, D - CMO, L -AUO, I - CPT)
1 - Panel frequence (6 -50/60Hz ; 1 - 100/120Hz ; 2 - 200/240Hz)
U - Panel (A - AntiGlare ; T - TN ; U - Ultra Clear)
F - Resolution (F - FHD, H - HD, U - UD)
0 - Panel 1st/2nd (1st:0, 2nd:1?)
C - BLU (BackLight Unit) C - CCFL, L - LED, E - Edge LED

I can't remember the manufacturer of the panel in my d503 but the rest of the type was 40?6AF1C, If I remember correctly there were only 4 40" CCFL types listed in the menu 3 ending F0C and only 1 ending F1C, all the F0C types gave me bad backlight flicker or something similar and the F1C worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps.
sanflores

Post by sanflores »

Good info LGJamster! My pannel is: 40L6uf0E and the model is D5003 (from Argentina, South America)

But I have a question... If my panel frequence is 50/60Hrz... why there is a big sticker that says: "Clear Motion Ration: 120Hrtz?" (probably a question for a new topic, or a short answer)

And what does it mean the Panel 1st/2nd???

Thank you
pepsuncho66

Post by pepsuncho66 »

The CMR is a marketing trick from samsung (not only). 120Hz CMR means that the native frequenzy of the pannel is 120/2=60Hz.
About the pannel (i hope i get that one correct) as far as i know 1st is just manifactured earlier as 2nd. It could be that the second revision is some how better than the first one.
hanschristiansen

Post by hanschristiansen »

thanks for the info guys, i can confirm that i've managed to make a LE40D503 tv decode 720p MKV by following you instructions. i couldn't find model D5005 but instead i found D550 in the list of models and it works perfect, i can even see the subtitles. i confess that i'm a little scared of damaging the lcd but i hope for the best :). thanks again.
andywol71

Post by andywol71 »

hi,
i changed the model no to ud5005 (no option for d5005). in settings as described above.

Can now watch movies via usb which is great.

the only slight issue is that , in the source list i can now see 4 hdmi ports instead of only 2.

i can live with that though
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you can change count of HDMI inputs in Service Menu
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sanflores

Post by sanflores »

juuso wrote:you can change count of HDMI inputs in Service Menu
Can you explain us how? I've seen a post talking about this but I can't find that option on my tv. Thank you!
sadra

Post by sadra »

i have d403
befor i reed this article i chang model of lcd to d455 and color of tv was bad .i return to d403 but front color is none.i dont remember the orginal setting for front color is it or it changed.
must be chang front
what is front color for d5005 or d550?
what is the orginal setting for la32403?
sory for english

Return to “[D] General”