Request feature for D series. Task list. Updated 16/9/2013

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

jarod73

Re: Request feature for D series. Task list.

Post by jarod73 »

Oh,really a pity! Yesterday I've found this one http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/06/ ... er-client/ and was yet
wondering to switch-off my server via ssh and so on.. :roll:

anyway thanks for everything else yet done

J.
UE40D7000LQXZT
T-GAPDEUC 1018.0
DUID 2DCFP7.......
WinXP sp3
wgump

Re: Request feature for D series. Task list. Updated 23/3/20

Post by wgump »

Hi @all,
you have done great job already.

I would like to have PVR-functionality without malfunction implemented by Samsung.
Recordings start at time programmed in EPG, but at many of my recordings I miss end because of delay.
There is no function like good old VPS implemented now.

I think it could be possibly to implement this feature by matching the name of the running broadcast with name of programmed recording.

Thx, Wolfgang
zeremy

Post by zeremy »

Can smbd be enabled for MSTAR.
I would like to be able to access a USB Disk connected to the TV via samba .
For the meantime I use FTP , but with FTP no unicode support. :cry: :cry:
Welcome to test any suggestions.

Thanks.
NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

Is there a way to add support for GPT HDD (aka >2TB HDD or non-MBR) connected to TV via USB?
Or is it already in? I can't find a way to read from GPT USB HDD after I rooted my UE40D7000...
thanks for reply
I love SamyGO :)
jeroen79

Post by jeroen79 »

a way to interface with xbmc would be nice
Formula350

Post by Formula350 »

*Ability to fully disable all and any imaging features (enhancements: adaptive backlight level, Soap opera mode, etc).
------ - Or at least on the port labeled "HDMI/DVI", to reduce input lag as much as possible for computers or game consoles. [Note: I did notice that if
------ you change the HDMI/DVI input label in the Source menu to "PC", it seems to do very close to that. Though there seems to still be considerable
------ input lag when I'm using the mouse in Skyrim, something I don't experience with a standard computer monitor)

*Support for 1920x1080 120p resolution on HDMI/DVI port for use with a computer.
------ - It is a 120Hz panel, isn't it? Shouldn't we be able to utilize that feature? Even if only at 1280x720.

*Ability to have full Sound options when in Game Mode, such as being able to adjust the EQ or turn off SRS modes.

*Ability to control the Line-Out volume (up, down, mute).
------ - I understand that the whole point of Line-Out is to not "touch" the audio signal to provide the cleanest possible to what you're connecting it to.
------ It's just that I have a set of multimedia speakers connected that has a volume control module and that means having to get up to adjust the
------ volume. I miss not being able to just use the TV's volume control. It was actually labeled as a "Headphone output" in the seller's description from
------ where I bought it, so I was very bummed out when I couldn't adjust the volume (louder) with headphones connected. :cry:

*Support for PnP USB Soundcards.
------ - Though I understand this would also no doubt be hard to implement, especially volume control. If the audio chip had Linux
------ drivers/support, would that help? I have an ASUS Xonar U3 and it uses a C-Media chip, which I believe C-Media offers Linux drivers (but not ASUS directly)
ailiev

Post by ailiev »

Formula350 wrote: *Ability to control the Line-Out volume (up, down, mute).
------ - I understand that the whole point of Line-Out is to not "touch" the audio signal to provide the cleanest possible to what you're connecting it to.
------ It's just that I have a set of multimedia speakers connected that has a volume control module and that means having to get up to adjust the
------ volume. I miss not being able to just use the TV's volume control. It was actually labeled as a "Headphone output" in the seller's description from
------ where I bought it, so I was very bummed out when I couldn't adjust the volume (louder) with headphones connected. :cry:
Actually, this already is built-in. When i connect my headphones to the headphones jack it automatically mutes the tv speakers and has a volume settings reset to the headphone level. this means that if the last time when you used the headphones with 60 volume, it will automatically set the volume level to 60, and if you switch the headphones off, it will turn the volume of the TV where it was before you plugged the headphones.
Formula350 wrote: *Support for PnP USB Soundcards.
------ - Though I understand this would also no doubt be hard to implement, especially volume control. If the audio chip had Linux
------ drivers/support, would that help? I have an ASUS Xonar U3 and it uses a C-Media chip, which I believe C-Media offers Linux drivers (but not ASUS directly)
I doubt that someone will put an effort into this. I think that none of the people here are interested in coding or trying anything. There are feature requested like half an year ago, and there is still nothing that has been done for it. Not even a reply. Its like the most important feature is PVR and nothing else.
Of course, if one is interested to play with it, the actual source code of the linux kernel is on the samsung site. and i dont know about drivers, but hence we already have the firmware decrypted, this can be solved too i guess.
Formula350

Post by Formula350 »

ailiev wrote: Actually, this already is built-in. When i connect my headphones to the headphones jack it automatically mutes the tv speakers and has a volume settings reset to the headphone level. this means that if the last time when you used the headphones with 60 volume, it will automatically set the volume level to 60, and if you switch the headphones off, it will turn the volume of the TV where it was before you plugged the headphones.
Hmm... I will have to plug mine in again and check... When I plugged them in and tried adjusting the volume I noticed no change in it. If it did work, I'd be able to adjust the volume with my 4.1 Multimedia Speaker system I have hooked up to the TV, and I know I can't. Same with muting the external speakers when plugged in, that doesn't work either since I had originally turned the volume to 0 before finally just changing the setting to "External". Perhaps it has to do with the fact I'm using both the Samsung firmware and haven't updated it?
ailiev wrote: I doubt that someone will put an effort into this. I think that none of the people here are interested in coding or trying anything. There are feature requested like half an year ago, and there is still nothing that has been done for it. Not even a reply. Its like the most important feature is PVR and nothing else.
Of course, if one is interested to play with it, the actual source code of the linux kernel is on the samsung site. and i dont know about drivers, but hence we already have the firmware decrypted, this can be solved too i guess.
That's understandable, to be honest. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I had to at least ask! :D Unfortunately I don't know a damn thing about coding OR Linux, otherwise I'd consider that lol
ailiev

Post by ailiev »

Formula350 wrote:
ailiev wrote: Actually, this already is built-in. When i connect my headphones to the headphones jack it automatically mutes the tv speakers and has a volume settings reset to the headphone level. this means that if the last time when you used the headphones with 60 volume, it will automatically set the volume level to 60, and if you switch the headphones off, it will turn the volume of the TV where it was before you plugged the headphones.
Hmm... I will have to plug mine in again and check... When I plugged them in and tried adjusting the volume I noticed no change in it. If it did work, I'd be able to adjust the volume with my 4.1 Multimedia Speaker system I have hooked up to the TV, and I know I can't. Same with muting the external speakers when plugged in, that doesn't work either since I had originally turned the volume to 0 before finally just changing the setting to "External". Perhaps it has to do with the fact I'm using both the Samsung firmware and haven't updated it?
What is your TV model?

When did you turn the volume down, before or after plugging in the headphones.

Where did you plug the external speakers and headphone?

I've got D6530 and this works great for me. Im with very old firmware too. You dont need Samy for this. I have my headphones plugged in the heaphones jack. If you are using the optical jack then the volume change wont work.
Formula350

Post by Formula350 »

ailiev wrote:
Formula350 wrote:
What is your TV model?

When did you turn the volume down, before or after plugging in the headphones.

Where did you plug the external speakers and headphone?

I've got D6530 and this works great for me. Im with very old firmware too. You dont need Samy for this. I have my headphones plugged in the heaphones jack. If you are using the optical jack then the volume change wont work.
I have a UN46D6050, which doesn't have a purpose-build Headphone Out port (as far as I'm aware), just Line-Out. These are the only connectors on the TV and there are no other mini side-panels that I'm aware of :\ (sorry for the crappy quality pic, I "borrowed" it off eBay lol) Plugging in anything to the Line Out jack will NOT mute the internal speakers, which is what the volume controls if something is plugged in. If turned to "External Speakers" then the volume control flat out does nothing.
D6050 Back.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[D] Brainstorm”