Help for exlink serial connection

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

kaiser

Re: Help for exlink serial connection

Post by kaiser »

For me, after my hack got broken (after a year of use), TV hack didn't work with none of the FWs. Other methods of hacking didn't work as well. That's why I bought the adapter. But I had no luck with it as well. I too want hack because of share mounting.
Now using my laptop with XBMC connected via HDMI to watch movies :(
LE40C650
lacibogi

Post by lacibogi »

kaiser, thanks for update about not working hack methods. you saved me wasted time and nerves. :)
looks that it will be a rainy weekend here in slovakia, I will take another one vga cable from work and will try again. hope I will succes.
will keep you informed.
kaiser

Post by kaiser »

lacibogi wrote:.
will keep you informed.
Please do, Lacibogi.
Good luck!
LE40C650
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

As I said the only chance for me to make it work was the Nokia cable. First tried with this usb adapter PL2303 connected to VGA cable - no success, next tried PL2303 direct connected to the VGA port of the TV - all the same. It only works for me with Windows XP (not windows 7 or vista!!!) and drivers from 2002 year that comes with the Nokia cable (not the latest from the PL2303 website). If smb need I can attache the drivers. Also be sure you put right configuration for the COM port in the Device manager. Found some problems with "putty", but had succeeded with windows hypperterminal.
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

..Or a bit another approach:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3821&p=31600#p29380

Currently hoked to my D series. I`m 100 percent sure it will work for C and ES series as well.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
kaiser

Post by kaiser »

So you're suggesting to buy one more adapter? :)
LE40C650
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I have two pl2303 ca-42 cheap clone cables from dealextreme and both work from first connecting. Also the bt rs232 module is ok. I doubt your VGA port is broken, seems, you have not suitable adapter. OR you don`t know how to use it correctly (soldering mistakes, not right pins used?) Why do you guys use VGA cables?
THe cable lenght is important and it is recomended to have as short as possible. But mines are about 1m of lenght and as i said - have no probl.

But yes, i had some trouble when decided to re-make the vga part of the cable - i thought cable is broken. After spending a lot of time i figured out i made mistake and solderd not right pin for rx. So i havent got any signal...

Check wires. Check settings in service menu (rs232-debug?)? If all ok, get another adapter. It are not expensive. This my IMO.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

kaiser

Post by kaiser »

No, I don't think that my VGA port or cable are bad. But I suspect that adapter might be the cause. Everyone said: "any PL2303 adapter will do", so I didn't do a lot of research but got the cheapest one from Ebay. Spending $2 is not a problem but I hate to wait a month for goods from China to arrive.
As for "doing it wrong", I tried different scenarios at least a dozen of times with no luck. I'm out of ideas. All settings are set set like it says in instructions.
About soldering. I do not own a soldering iron and never tried soldering. For this reason I thought VGA will do.
LE40C650
lacibogi

Post by lacibogi »

Another slovak user has advised hyperterminal instead of putty, will try it.

If will not work I will order bt module or nokia cable.

Hope hyperterminal will work, ordering and delivering new stuff will take some time. :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Never had any trubles with putty. But sure, try another apps, what if you get success :)

Return to “[C] Hardware”