[How-To] Remote Control Signal Over Lan?

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

marcelru
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Remote Control Signal Over Lan?

Post by marcelru »

Hi alkino,

I quite agree to this. It also would be nice to have LAN remote control the other way round, so I don't have to yell at my kids to lower the TV volume while I'm working, but do it myself with mouse and/or keyboard. (switching the set off already works, just kill exeDSP in a telnet session, they still don't know how I do it ;-) )

marcelr
nbd

Post by nbd »

Hello, I have UE40B7070, but I'm not able to control it with UPnP. DLNA works (Mediatomb from my Linux box) so some UPnP traffic is definitely working. What UPnP browser you were using?
I tried also the TV's http server, but got no pages with any information. Where are the httpd docs in the TV?

Well, I think I have so many questions, it seems that I have to enable the telnet and start fiddling around..
nbd

Post by nbd »

Hello, I've managed to make one USB IR device to work with my TV (UE40B7070), also compiled Lirc, so now the topic question gets an answer: yes, it should be possible. Although I don't know whether the Lirc can set up a port for clients to connect without firmware modification. My setup didn't need any fw mods, luckily the Iguana IR is designed to work without kernel drivers and lirc compiled against the Sammy's kernel kindly told me that it does not need kernel drivers at all.

I'm not (yet) familiar with how the lirc works over network, but I could give it a shot someday. I'll report here what is the result.
nbd

Post by nbd »

Yes I was able to connect from my Linux box to lircd running on my TV.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Can you "inject" remote commands to TV? Can I switch channels from network?
nbd

Post by nbd »

I guess that is possible. Still not a lirc expert, but I think the lircd can listen to network port for commands, as well as it can send commands to network port:

Code: Select all

-l --listen[=[address:]port]	listen for network connections
	 -c --connect=host[:port]	connect to remote lircd server

Return to “[B] Software”