BD-D5500-XP help

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

mightymouse2045

BD-D5500-XP help

Post by mightymouse2045 »

Hi guys,

I have been able to successfully hack my UA55D7000 tv and can understand the benefits with the TV (although I have yet to get a clear understanding with regards to changing the model to enable locked features etc - that doesn't really seem to do anything)

However I cannot find any real benefits for downgrading my software on my BD5500. What I thought I would be capable of doing is to install the sammy go widget and get some benefits that way (shell access, samba, nfs etc), and use the sruSTVC remote to unlock some features by changing the model etc - like for example internet browser which isn't available by default on the BD5500...

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to what SamyGo enables on the BD5500 or any of the blueray players, and or possibly a link to or an explanation of how to do it?

Cheers,
MM
mightymouse2045

Re: BD-D5500-XP help

bump
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

Hey guys,

right so the downgrade is only to remove a particular piece of software included in the newer firmware versions that disables the sound of certain video files during playback - also called cinavia. On the BD 5500 there are no other significant improvements currently present. I.e. you cant have samygo extensions running on there. If you do not have problems with cinavia you can keep updating the firmware although as we know usually no improvements are made by samsung.

Hope that clarifies things?
mightymouse2045

ok thanks for the info that saves me time trying to work out why it wasn't working the way I thought it was :P

Return to “BluRay Players”