[App] NTFS: writable! for D series (arm)

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

[App] NTFS: writable! for D series (arm)

Post by juusso »

App, ported from B series. Originally made by openikev2. The ntfs-3g module is included to SamyGO Extensions pack you`ve got from our server, so it is possible to setup ntfs hdd mount as read write during TV startup automatically.

Use this widget if you won`t play with scripts or you need to mount your freshly connected hdd to write/delete files without to restart TV.

Installation:
1. extract archive
2. Copy NTFS-3g directory (use ftp connection) to:

Code: Select all

/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/
Requirements:
1. SamyGo friendly firmware (downgrade if needed...)
2. ftp client.

How to use:
1. connect your NTFS usb drive to TV
2. run NTFS: writable!
openikev2 wrote:Some tips:
* The HDD must be connected before you load the NTFS-3G game. Any NTFS drive connected after that, will be READONLY.
* After loading the game, you have to wait a small amount of time before you try to access the filesystem (around 10-15 seconds). This is required since ntfs mounting takes a while. If you try to access the filesystem before that, the umounting of the READONLY system is aborted, so the process fails.
Download
NTFS-3g.D.arm.(v0.1).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] NTFS: writable! for D series (arm)

Post by greenhorn »

Nice! Do you think it will work on C-series?
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Hmm... since lua doesn`t work on c series Inernet@TV, then no. But possible to "use" this (and other) games with modified Dredkin`s widget on <=3005 firmware.

btw, D series users, i`m waiting for coments/issues. Does all works as expected?
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

shadok

Post by shadok »

Hello,

I have SamyGO extension installed on my D7000. I mainly use it to transfer files from my computer to the TV via ftp

The NTFS : writable "game" works fine, but I still have to lauch it each time I want to use it.

How can I achieve this :
The ntfs-3g module is included to SamyGO Extensions pack you`ve got from our server, so it is possible to setup ntfs hdd mount as read write during TV startup automatically.
PS : I am a noob, English is not my language, so it is really hard for me to understand how everything works
lAmeR

Post by lAmeR »

Hi!

very nice thing here, I am using it since today!

I have exactly the same problem as shadok,

how can I AUTOstart SamyGO and NTFS: wirtable! ?

Thanks a lot
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Autostart of SamyGO (during TV boot) is possible just on D6 series, use hospitality mode hack for that. On other (D7 and D8) here is no autostart possible (yet), but custom patched firmware is being prepared for whole D series arm family, so everything will be possible.

ntfs-3g binary is shipped with SamyGO, all what is needed - required script to be included to /SamyGO/etc/init.d/ directory. In this case you don`t need to launch separatelly NTFS-writable!, it is enough to start SamyGO.

jamesf

Post by jamesf »

juuso wrote:custom patched firmware is being prepared for whole D series arm family, so everything will be possible.
Is there any thread on this that I can read/follow for progress info?
Thanks
SirB

Post by SirB »

hi juuso! :ugeek:

my tv is already in successfully hospital mode. how can i mount the ntfs from start? Can i change a start-script or create a new 1?

greetings SirB :geek:
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I'm doing some testing with scripts, still have some issues. I'll post when I'm done.

jamesf

Post by jamesf »

juuso wrote:I'm doing some testing with scripts, still have some issues. I'll post when I'm done.
Looking forward to this when it's done.
You mention that you're preparing custom f/w for _all_ D series ARM.
Will this bring forward possibilities from D7/D8 series that samsung have artificially restricted from D6 series (I'm talking software things like availability of Netflix, as opposed to hardware things e.g magic fix for 1/2 res 3d)

Return to “[D] Software”