[How To] Get root access on F series

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [How To] Get root access on F series

Post by Tamagnun »

Unfortunately the root method doesn't work (SamyGO installed, step1->OK, step2->OK, but no telnet or ftp access after TV reboot) on my PDP PS64F8500 also with the last fw available for this TV (ver. 1111.0), while seems to work properly on LED TV with the same fw version installed.

One question: when you writed: switch off and on the TV the meaning is to switch off/on the TV with the remote control or to unplug/plug the power supply to it?
Really I've tried both methods, and nothing changes, but ask is better!

The ICMP service (PING) is normally opened on the TV (it answers to ping requests from my PC, but really I haven't tested the command before to try to root the TV...)?
And if the Skype app doesn't work this means that the hack has been applyed, isn't it?

I've basic knowledge with Linux, some experience with Samsung phones hacking and if the developers want to use me and my PDP TV to try to evolve the root tool, I'm ready to make experiences and test under their guide.

Thank you
Bye
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

SamyGO works well on my PS64F8505. I prefer plasma :)

I suggest that you HAD successfully rooted the TV, but your firewall made you think that you dident.
Make absolutely sure you know what your router and firewall(s) are doing .. :-)

Dont give up .. Its a nerds game, but its well worth it :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

did you run skype first and set it to auto start before trying to root? if not reinstall skype, start it, set to autostart and try to root again
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

@Lordbyte: I know my firewall and its crazy behaviour very well :D so I've disabled it!! (this also because during Samsung Widget execution the connection from the TV to my Win7 machine has, obviously, generated a firewall request, that in any case I've approved, and the widget installation was completed properly.
What does it mean the final 5 digit in your TV model PS64F8505? Is it related to a local model? I'm writing from Italy, and you?

@bugficks: I think you've found my mistake, I haven't read anything about the requirement to set the Skype in auto start mode and I haven't do it, I'll test your solution asap!

Regards to both guys for the suggestions, I'll inform you if I solve the problem!
Bye
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

@bugficks: i'm really stupid, the requirement to set Skype in autostart mode is clearly described in the point 2. of the root method guide in the first post... stupid, stupid, stupid... :oops: :?

I'll try asap.
Thank you again
easy2013
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by easy2013 »

hello.

I have a ue46f7090 firmware1109. And i can?t rooted the tv. Samygo widget say step 1 and 2 ok. restart tv i have no telnet or ftp.
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

easy2013 wrote:I have a ue46f7090 firmware1109. And i can?t rooted the tv. Samygo widget say step 1 and 2 ok. restart tv i have no telnet or ftp.
That sucks.
And given the amount of information you provide, chances of us helping you is somewhere between none and no way.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
easy2013
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by easy2013 »

i have install skype and start. i have click auto start skype and login. data.zip unzip on the root usb penndrive with data folder. Widget over apache installed. execute samygo widget. Step 1 and 2 say ok. press exit end restart tv. and no telnet or ftp worked.
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

easy2013 wrote:i have install skype and start. i have click auto start skype and login. data.zip unzip on the root usb penndrive with data folder. Widget over apache installed. execute samygo widget. Step 1 and 2 say ok. press exit end restart tv. and no telnet or ftp worked.
Do you know exactly what your firewall on PC is doing ?
Do you know exactly what your firewall in your Router is doing ?
Does your network setup require router to forward ports 21 and 23 .. and if so, did you configure and test router ?
Can you ping TV ? (Look for IP in TV network setup)
Can you tell anything else at all ?
easy2013
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by easy2013 »

the firewall on pc is not active. ican ping the the tv. i don?t need to configure the router.

Return to “[F] Firmware”