[PC] SmartHub Widget Manager app (C/D/E/F series)

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

Spooky

Re: [PC] SmartHub Widget Manager app (C/D/E/F series)

Post by Spooky »

juuso wrote:Found something what i don`t like: widget is installed to directory, whose name=widget.zip name without .zip. Can you change directory name to widgets name (as seen in Title tab, but not as in FileName tab?).
The reason I do this is so directory contains allowed characters. I had a problem when widget name contains some non-standard characters or characters from another character set. TV will fail to install widget in such case.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

I will work on these things for new version:

1) compatibility with Fxxxx series widgets. It appears some widgets from F series don't show icon and other information properly.
2) backup installed widgets over FTP (it will need SamyGO installed on TV])
3) mac and linux version. The issue with these two systems is that app can't listen on port 80 if it's not run as root. However some platforms won't run a GUI app as root. We will need a helper proxy app to listen on port 80 as root.
4) VPN integration if possible. Does anyone know if we can run OpenVPN on TV ? We need tun.ko either as module or compiled in kernel, openvpn binary, "ip" or "route" command so default route can be modified.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

About openvpn -yes, it will:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=6293
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

juuso wrote:About openvpn -yes, it will:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=6293
Thanks, I'll look into this.

I run into a problem with some widgets for F series, I believe this is present on older series as well. Some widgets are encrypted and there are files ending in .spm. For example I need to decode "config.xml.spm" to display widget icon, name, version, description.

Do you know maybe how to decode .spm files or is there anyone who tried this before ?
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

Code: Select all

[SPMdecrypt] SamyGO SPM decrypter v0.1 - (c) bugficks 2013
[SPMdecrypt] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[SPMdecrypt] Found /dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/widget.license
[SPMdecrypt] Decrypting '/dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/config.xml.spm' -> '/dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/config.xml'
[SPMdecrypt] Decrypting '/dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/css/style.css.spm' -> '/dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/css/style.css'
no idea :P
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

bugficks wrote:

Code: Select all

[SPMdecrypt] SamyGO SPM decrypter v0.1 - (c) bugficks 2013
[SPMdecrypt] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[SPMdecrypt] Found /dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/widget.license
[SPMdecrypt] Decrypting '/dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/config.xml.spm' -> '/dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/config.xml'
[SPMdecrypt] Decrypting '/dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/css/style.css.spm' -> '/dtv/usb/sda1/SPMdecrypt/111199001564/css/style.css'
no idea :P
Would you please provide source for this as my app runs on Windows (and later on Mac/Linux too) ? I can't use your app on TV. The app reads ZIP packed widgets and needs to extracts some files so it can display icon and other info about the widget.
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

sorry, my tool will only work on TV
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

bugficks wrote:sorry, my tool will only work on TV
I am doing a very very small minimalistic WidgetSync application just for the fun of it, and as I already
have a telnet/netcat framework running, I will be using TV to decrypt widgets as needed.

The WidgetSync application is intended as a service-menu-thing for the PVRDecoder, but due to
suggestion from juuso, it will also be available as stand-alone, and thus a "competitor" to the tool
the owner of this thread have released .. That is NOT and never was the intention !
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Lordbyte wrote:
bugficks wrote:sorry, my tool will only work on TV
I am doing a very very small minimalistic WidgetSync application just for the fun of it, and as I already
have a telnet/netcat framework running, I will be using TV to decrypt widgets as needed.

The WidgetSync application is intended as a service-menu-thing for the PVRDecoder, but due to
suggestion from juuso, it will also be available as stand-alone, and thus a "competitor" to the tool
the owner of this thread have released .. That is NOT and never was the intention !
As my app doesn't require TV to be rooted, it's not possible to decode anything on TV.

Which language you are coding this in ? Maybe we can work together and add more features. I'm using Lazarus/Free Pascal.
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

Spooky wrote:Which language you are coding this in ? Maybe we can work together and add more features. I'm using Lazarus/Free Pascal.
Thats a cool coincidence .. I am doing the PVRDecoder, and the bespoken WidgetSync in Delphi XE4 :-)

I am basically done coding the "Left side" (PC Side) of an interface inspired by Beyond Compare by Scooter Software.
Once I am happy with "Left side", I need to implement "Right side" (TV), but as I have all needed components developed
prior (PVRDecoder) it should be a fairly fast piece of work.

I have spend much less time on SamyGO-projects the last month due to other activities, but I expect more free
time in December. By all means .. lets join forces :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.

Return to “[D] Software”