[How To] Get root access on F series

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

vector

Re: [How To] Get root access on F series

Post by vector »

Updated UE50F6500 with latest firmware 1116.0 and telnet/ftp continues to work!
UE50F6500, FW 1116.0
reaper7

Post by reaper7 »

my daughter F5300 with latest 1116.0 -> telnet/ftp continues to work too :D
kobb
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kobb »

hello everyone! I have a F8000 with firmware 1111 that I modified in order to have root privileges and to decrypt recordings. I heard that Samsung updated the firmware and by searching in the forum I undrestood that it doesn't affect the modification. So, I'm asking how can I do to update the tv with fw 1112.6? Should I begin by removing the modification (app.samygo and skype) or should I just install it?? Thank you very much!
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

kobb wrote:hello everyone! I have a F8000 with firmware 1111 that I modified in order to have root privileges and to decrypt recordings. I heard that Samsung updated the firmware and by searching in the forum I undrestood that it doesn't affect the modification. So, I'm asking how can I do to update the tv with fw 1112.6? Should I begin by removing the modification (app.samygo and skype) or should I just install it?? Thank you very much!
Just install 1112.6 ..

It will basically remove anything you have on TV, including SamyGO, as far as I remember (I installed 1112.6 days and weeks ago :-))

Once upgraded to 1112.6, install Skype (if not already there), then SamyGO, and then everything else you had/need in SmartHUB,
and you are ready for action :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
billa09
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by billa09 »

Hi Lordbyte!
"Just install 1112.6 ...It will basically remove anything you have on TV"
It does not remove everything...,. I had T-FXPDEUC-1109 and SamyGO_USB installed (was never able to install the SamyGO via SmartHub and SammyWidgets or equivalent because of the Sams*ng security error. After updating to T-FXPDEUC-1112.6 (Downloaded the firmware file and installed via USB) I noticed that the TV was still rooted after the firmware upgrade to 1112.6.
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

Even better :-)

I think the difference is that I performed a Factory Reset .. I had issues with several mixed versions of SamyGO
installed on my TV, as I had been experimenting heavily with TV. To this day I still dont understand how I have escaped
bricking the TV .. god knows I have had a few "happenings" occur, during development of the PVRDecoder :mrgreen:
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
kobb
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kobb »

First of all, thank you for the advice Lordbyte. Fortunately, as it happened to billa09, after having installed the firmware 1112.6, nothing has been modified and I didn't need to install samygo again. Maybe it will be useful for someone else knowing that I did the root with the first procedure (samygo through SmartHub Widget Manager and the archive Data..) Everything seems to work now! Thank you again!! Ps. Sorry for my english, I'm italian... I hope everything was clear enough!
koled1028

Post by koled1028 »

I do not know much English. I want to make an automatic Oskam. but I have a folder / mnt is empty.
I connected to the ftp with TV. but I can not assign a file 755. but I even works on 644. thank you
46F8000 1112.6
nordicdk

Post by nordicdk »

awesome,, just found this forum here today,
just bought a UE55F8005 last week , followed instructions, and succesfully installed Samygo on my tv
the firmware version shows 1112 :D
digiwatch

Post by digiwatch »

Great Forum!
I installed Samygo ok and I can access the TV via FTP. In which file of the TV can I retrieve the recorded movies? Do I need to make any changes in order to watch on a PC?
Thank you for your help in advance

Return to “[F] Firmware”