[How To] Get root access on F series

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [How To] Get root access on F series

Post by myname70 »

koled1028 wrote:
myname70 wrote:
koled1028 wrote:I have 46F8000. You can install or not SamyGO and oscam on firmware ver. 1113.3? thank you
SamyGO is installed. the TV is rooted. OSCAM files are transferred to the TV via ftp but the Telnet window is still showing just >shell and cannot access the OSCAM file to start... Anybody to advise if can make Telnet to F8000 TV?
why do you telnet? make autostart Oskam via ftp.
sorry. I do not know much English
But how to do it? I can prepare a script sh file, but where to put it?
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

the root was OK (at least the ftp access, the Telnet connected but no shell response). After that I changed the IP address in the Smart Hub options to install some IPTV widgets and in 1-2 hours the SamyGO widget disappeared itself.... Now no root access.

Edit: Install again the SamyGO and root.FTP works, but Telnet (via putty and Telnet) connected and shows only this: (>shell) and nothing can be controlled or commanded:
My Firmware is 1112 (65F8000). Any ideas how to start the Telnet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by myname70 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

i have a 40F6400 firmware :1116. does root work or i risk bricking it ?
theslydog

Post by theslydog »

myname70 wrote:the root was OK (at least the ftp access, the Telnet connected but no shell response). After that I changed the IP address in the Smart Hub options to install some IPTV widgets and in 1-2 hours the SamyGO widget disappeared itself.... Now no root access.

Edit: Install again the SamyGO and root.FTP works, but Telnet (via putty and Telnet) connected and shows only this: (>shell) and nothing can be controlled or commanded:
My Firmware is 1112 (65F8000). Any ideas how to start the Telnet?
Everyone with a XXF8000 is having the same telnet problem.

So it seems telnet is not working on the F8000 properly yet.
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

Thanks. Obviously something with this F8000 models. (In fact while entering - ls command , it lists me some files and dirs which are not visible in the ftp...). I hope the devs will figure out what is the issue and will fix it :)
JtMA

Post by JtMA »

myname70 wrote:Thanks. Obviously something with this F8000 models. (In fact while entering - ls command , it lists me some files and dirs which are not visible in the ftp...). I hope the devs will figure out what is the issue and will fix it :)
I dont think it has something to do with F8000 series because my F5300 does the same thing. Firmware version is 1107.4.

I have some more info about the issue: some commands work, some don't. For example, 'ls' and 'ps' give me output but other commands do nothing (like 'cd'). When i log in I'm "locked" in /tmp directory and cannot leave it.

OOC: If i try to run some complex commands like trying to remap buttons on RC (mentioned elsewhere on this forum) then I see no output so I cannot tell why that command fails:
./samyGOso -p $(pidof exeTV || pidof exeDSP) -l /mtd_down/so/libRCremap.so -r
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

The same here.... strange. What DATA file and SamyGO widget do you use? I am with SamyGO-F.

tried it with netcat for windows as well.. but the same problem. Maybe the Windows 8 64 bit is the issue? ( I run all this from it)
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

Thank you . I did it (F8000 with 1113.3 fw) but telnet still does not work properly (still locked in tmp directory )...
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

devpts and pty support is missing in kernel... go figure :)
bobg2007
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobg2007 »

damm. thats no good... I'm assuming without pty support its going to be hard to issue commands.

Unless there is a way to have a script to run on startup? Basically bugflicks we are trying to use your SPMDecrypter to decrypt the Netflix widget. We are trying to get the Widget to run in hubs others then those it is native for...

Return to “[F] Firmware”