SamyGo on Evolution kit

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: SamyGo on Evolution kit

Post by M11 »

rados wrote:Mate take evo kit from tv away then make secret menu reset tv and after this turn tv off and on.
Try find your wifi without evokit and test if wifi works normally without evokit.
If its working problem is in your evokit. Change it.
I have tried that, it does not work without the evolution kit either.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
rados

Post by rados »

have you tried take evokit away from tv and try then turn tv off then take original remote control and press this buttons ( info menu mute start ) and tv comes ON and then reset your tv from secret menu. like i said do this without evokit. if you can update your tv firmware to news't soft ( do this without evokit ) also make reset in tv menu in normally way then after this tv goes off again and then ON after this try search your wifi but before that your tv ask your local, give your correct local... like in spain or where ever you live. this may fix your wifi setting... regards
Dragonlove

Post by Dragonlove »

Hello, new user here :) well that is, i've been reading alot of this forum already, but haven't created an account before now.

I'm also wondering if anyone have managed to gain Root acess with the Evolution kit?

I'm running it om my 55ES8005 and the firmware on it is 1007, i can install the Samygo app but i can't Ftp into the tv, Telnet doesn't work eihter.

I also have an 46" Samsung Smart tv (It's a ES version, can't remeber the rest of the name right now) with this i can install the Samygo and also FTP into the tv.

The reason i want to do this is to install the BBC Iplayer app onnto my ES8005 tv, i even tried to take the exctracted BBC App from my 46" tv and Zip it and tried to get it into my ES tv via the Developer mode but i got an error about the API or something, i even tried to put it in the Samsung SDK editor and Repack it that way, but i guess there is some security thingy that prevents it to install it to the tv.

So i hope someone could Ftp on Evo kit to work anytime soon.
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

I have only seen one person (on Russian forum) that said he has ftp access with Evolution kit. If I remember correctly then he was using firmware v1003.
I have tried root on every firmware starting from 1004 and I have not had any success.

I have found a way to install apps. I modified the SamyGo rooting app to unzip apps from USB stick to tv and this works.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Did you try rooting method from wiki?
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Rooting_the_ES-series
I've no development kit but I ever used only this one to install SamyGo since USB method never worked for me.
Maybe worth to try...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Dragonlove

Post by Dragonlove »

zoelechat wrote:Did you try rooting method from wiki?
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Rooting_the_ES-series
I've no development kit but I ever used only this one to install SamyGo since USB method never worked for me.
Maybe worth to try...
Yes i have tried this procedure, it works with my 46" tv, but not with my 55" with the Evo kit.
Dragonlove

Post by Dragonlove »

M11 wrote:I have only seen one person (on Russian forum) that said he has ftp access with Evolution kit. If I remember correctly then he was using firmware v1003.
I have tried root on every firmware starting from 1004 and I have not had any success.

I have found a way to install apps. I modified the SamyGo rooting app to unzip apps from USB stick to tv and this works.
I did manage to make zip files of Bbc News and Itv Player and installed with SammyWidgets into the tv with Evo kit, but i can't do it with the Bbc Iplayer, i get an error then trying to install it, something about the API and security.
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

Dragonlove wrote:
M11 wrote:I have only seen one person (on Russian forum) that said he has ftp access with Evolution kit. If I remember correctly then he was using firmware v1003.

I did manage to make zip files of Bbc News and Itv Player and installed with SammyWidgets into the tv with Evo kit, but i can't do it with the Bbc Iplayer, i get an error then trying to install it, something about the API and security.
The method I use by basses the security check. I can install anything and it works if the app doesn't require something special from firmware.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
Dragonlove

Post by Dragonlove »

M11 wrote:
Dragonlove wrote:

The method I use by basses the security check. I can install anything and it works if the app doesn't require something special from firmware.

What did you do with the SamyGo app to get it to install by USB?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

Dragonlove wrote:What did you do with the SamyGo app to get it to install by USB?
I sent you a PM.
F9000 + SEK-3500U

Return to “[E] Support”